New Jersey
Options

I hate...

"request the honor of your presence"

Does anyone have any other ideas, everything online says requests the honor of your presence.  Too stuffy for me I think.

Re: I hate...

• Options
    edited December 2011

Request your attendance
    Request your presence
    Cordially invite you
    Invite you

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put "request the pleasure of your company"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your ceremony is at a place of worship, that's pretty much the way to phrase it.  Otherwise use "request the pleasure of your company."
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having a religious ceremony and the wording of our invites was a bit alternative. We put "Because you have shared in our lives with your friendship and love, we Bride and Groom, together with our parents, invite you to join us on our wedding day." It may not be traditional, but it works for us.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jthesis.. I like that thank you.

We are getting married at the same location as the reception. By a minister.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should only put "request the honor of your prescence" if it is in a house of worship- so you're in luck! There are a lot of other options... one of the others I liked best (if I wasn't getting married in a church) is what jtheiss said. Request the pleasue of your company is the "formal" way of putting the invitation if it's not in a house of worship.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at our venue also so most invite wording was generally too "churchy" for us. So we chose - "The polished presence of your sincere self is requested...'

10.ten.10 My Bio Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 175 Invited to Party!
    image 119 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hate-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a05652ee-6199-4571-9c3f-4fd1d81c5773Post:33d8285d-f2f9-40dd-b36b-36d7cdb76530">Re: I hate...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at our venue also so most invite wording was generally too "churchy" for us. So we chose - "The polished presence of your sincere self is requested...'
    Posted by Carameanie1824[/QUOTE]

wow, that's wordy. Not being snarky, but is that really what you put, or were you making a joke?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10.ten.10 My Bio Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 175 Invited to Party!
    image 119 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011