New Jersey
Options

DIY Programs Menus

Is anyone doing this?  I'm hoping to do this and itching to get started on it ASAP.  
Did anyone buy a program they recommend to do this with?   Anyone have some easy, nice suggestions? Where did you buy your paper and how did you do it? Feel free to show pics!

Em

Re: DIY Programs Menus

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIY both.  I got the programs from Michael's.

I used cardstock from Cards & Pockets for my Menus.  I made them in PPT I think.  Two to a sheet and then cut them.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i diy my programs, bought resume paper at staples, got brown cardstock from some website, 2 kinds of ribbon from michaels, a craft puncher for the monogram on the cover of the program, and my bridesmaids to help me put it together....i have a template if you want it shoot me an email myem14 yahoo.com
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing menus but I am doing programs.

I Googled for a while and found a tri-fold template (you can use Microsoft Word) here: http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/01/25/wedding-program-template/ ... I wanted this so I could just print everything onto regular computer paper.

Then I was poking around some Knot bios and found a girl on the Catholic board (ring_pop) who shared her tea-length program in her bio: http://sites.google.com/site/ringpopplanning/paper .. I didn't want tea-length but her layout was a lot prettier than Chica's layout.

So basically I just used ring_pop's fonts and basic wording, and dropped it all in Chica's tri-fold layout. I changed some wording around, added/took away some aspects, I plan to change the graphic that she used on the front cover, and once we decide who's doing readings then I'll print them.

The Microsoft Office website also has some templates. Just Google for "Microsoft program templates" and it should come up. I found a ton of other resources when I Googled for it. And some Knotties will also share their templates or post them in their bios.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found an flat invite kit that was on sale for like $10 and used that to do the menu.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh where'd you find it??? This is definitely my budget thing ! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diy-programs-menus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a2ff5e2a-4756-4890-ac72-44da40309b8fPost:cedcc887-3d6f-4061-9e65-7426bf4dfd8f">Re: DIY Programs Menus</a>:
    [QUOTE]ohhh where'd you find it??? This is definitely my budget thing ! 
    Posted by ecg129[/QUOTE]

Michael's and AC Moore have discontinued ones on sale all the time. Just check your local stores often.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diy-programs-menus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a2ff5e2a-4756-4890-ac72-44da40309b8fPost:cedcc887-3d6f-4061-9e65-7426bf4dfd8f">Re: DIY Programs Menus</a>:
    [QUOTE]ohhh where'd you find it??? This is definitely my budget thing ! 
    Posted by ecg129[/QUOTE]

I've also found the Gartner invite kits on eBay. Sometimes they're brand new, sometimes it's a case where the person only needed one or two from the package and is selling the rest.
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we did our own programs....
    the multi layer ones from brides that i got at michaels
    i LOVED them, but OMG what a pain in the arse....
    we had a really hard time trying to get the format right, and the last page wasn't lining up right, my sister spent waaaaaaaaaay too much time trying to make it work
    which, eventually she did and they looked awesome, but, yikes, not sure if it was really worth the stress
    so, try and pick the easiest ones to do....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards