New Jersey
Options

DJ question!

Hey ladies!  I have just started the search for a dj.  Our venue recommends Steve Bloom entertainment, but I haven't seen any reviews about him and was wondering if anyone has worked with him or seen him at a wedding before.  Also, if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears! Our budget is $1500, but the cheaper the better.  I went to a wedding at Seasons this past weekend where they had ESP entertainment.  I wasn't crazy about them and felt like everything had a techno beat to it lol.   Thanks in advance!!
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage

Re: DJ question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're using elite entertainment (specifically, my main DJ is Jay Thompson), and we're really excited about them.  they've gotten amazing reviews on weddingwire and i saw them at my friend's wedding and thought they did a great job.  i also saw them at 2 bridal shows and was impressed there as well.  and what i'm paying is within your budget.  might we worth checking out!

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Magic Moments in Garfield
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used ESP.  Michael is a good friend of ours and was actually in our bridal party.  Joe DJ'd our wedding.  They will definitely work with you on the music selection.  Our wedding was not all techno music... that's for sure! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Colorblind Productions www.colorblindprd.com. Haven't used them yet, but they've had great reviews and when we met with them we loved them!  We're paying $1100 for ceremony & reception music, basic lighting, and bilingual DJ/MC (they speak PERFECT English, but they do multicultural and blingual affairs also).
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Chuck Russo.  We wanted someone to just play music and we didn't want an MC or anything like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Colorblind as well! The have been great to work with so far and their packages are very reasonable or you can work off their a la carte menu as well! Happy hunting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using gemini productions! i have seen them at a couple weddings and my fiancee knows dj tom who we are having at our wedding! they are great and def not all techno..... There pricing is 1275 for basic.... we are paying 1775 for lights and a monogram thing
  • Options
    kitten444kitten444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi - Im new here --

Congrats to you all !!!

We were thinking about using Music Masters --anyone hear of them?

Thanks!

- Heather Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sentimental Street in Piscataway, they were great.  It's a husband-wife team, and not a large corporation, if you're looking for that sort of thing.  The guy is also a musician in addition to being a DJ so he knows his stuff.  They're very much an anti-cheese DJ team.  We got them for 4 hours for $1,000, just the DJ, no props, lighting, or anything like that.
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Magic Moments too, they've been great and I thought their prices were good.
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Global Productoins in sussex county!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dash of Class they have been around a while.  Good rep.  I also heard Magic Moments are good too.  Good luck!
    Christina : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards