New Jersey
Options

Addressing Pocketfold Invitations

I ordered pocketfold invites.  At first, I was told that they could print the addresses on the invitation.  Since then, the printer told me that they wouldn't be able to run it through the printer because I picked pocketfolds.  So I ordered envelopes to put my pocketfolds in because I didn't want to use clear labels. 

My question is: should I address the outside of the pocket envelope because it's now basically the inner envelope? Or do I just leave it blank?  It's a sort of metallic gold color and I'm afraid to write on it but I also don't want to be rude...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Addressing Pocketfold Invitations

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that an inner envelope is necessary.  I am also doing a pocket fold and I only have and outer invite.  I never really understood the whole two envelope thing.  But that is just my 2 cents
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

People usually use the inner envelope to put who it is addressed to (and guest is not proper on the outer) I think I am going to alleviate this problem by doing something with the RSVPs

-either putting both names or name and guest on the address or
    -writing something along the lines of "Two seats have been reserved for you...."

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Really?! I never heard that before.  You aren't suppose to put "and guest" on the outer envelope?  Then I guess having an inner one makes sense.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The inner envelope came about when the outside envelope would get destroyed during travel (think Pony Express), so that the envelope inside still looked nice. 

I am doing pocketfolds as well, and I am just running the outside envelope though the printer (and I am putting Mr. John Smith and Guest on the outside) and then using the pocketfold as the "inside" envelope.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holly- that was what I am doing as well.  I think that post office has come a long way from Pony Express.....haha 

Although I live in a tiny tiny tiny town where we don't even have a mailman....grrr. I have beef with my post office, but I will probably just be using the post office by my mom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing on the invitation. Pocketfolds don't need that. Nor do you need an inner envelope.  Just write "Mr and Mrs Smith" or "Mr Smith and Guest" on the outer envelope.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards