New Jersey
Options

Color Combo Question

My BM dresses are bordeaux/wine color they are not really purply but not in the red family, it is a hard color to describe and the sash/tie is silver.  The colors that I am using for my flowers are oranges/dark burgundy/greens/bright pinks (they look fantastic with the deep wine color)  I cannot seem to find table runners in the bordeaux/wine color, is it okay to utilize one of my flower colors for the runner?  I was thinking the bright pink to make it fresh/clean and bright.  I am afraid silver might not give it enough WOW factor.  My centerpieces are going to be 3 glass containers; middle is full of hydrengeas, and the 2 sides will have spider mums (color will be based on the runner color)

Any suggestions?

Re: Color Combo Question

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

what color are your table cloths? I am using that wine color too, but am having gold as the other color. Maybe just have a red ccenterpiece? Thats what I am doing with gold table cloths. Do you need a runner you think?

• Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nothing wrong with bringing out the colors from your bouquet...
    my girls wore plum colored dresses, but a lot of my accents were the orange i pulled from their bouquets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think using another color will be fine!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you even possibly have a printed table runner over a solid table cloth, using those colors? As you described your colors, I imagined a paisley sorta in this family:

A paisley table runner could be really interesting and pretty, in my opinion.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The table cloths will be ivory or white.  They venue has colored table cloths of my choice but the room really isn't that big to put all that dark drab color in there.

I feel like I need to use something else on the tables to give the room a little bit more of my style.  The runners will give the room a pop without too much matchy matchy color.  

I would love that paisley runner except I cannot find any good fabrics.  But the more i think about it a big pattern may be too much.  The venue is pretty "italian" with dark colors so I am not sure paisley will work   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards