New Jersey

Everytime I'm on my club board...

I am such a bully. Or at least it reads that way. Everyone else is all puppies and rainbows and of course you can do xx it's your wedding day, who cares about everyone else. I put them in their place and tell them how the real world would respond. Sometimes others will finally join in and say they agree, but jeez! I guess that club boards are all about puppies and rainbows though... sigh.
*~allie~*

Re: Everytime I'm on my club board...

• Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Totally... I don't even go on my club board anymore everyone is all BFF. I come here for truth and honesty, apparently NJ is the only place I'll get that :)

ETA- I had to edit this because I think a few people from my club board might lurk here haha.

Surprisingly, my club board is much more busy than this board, but I agree w/ the comment made about how people from all over the country are just a bit different. Plus I don't have the patience to really check more boards than this one, so this is where I focus.
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is club board, our month?

I don't go on. I tried it once and people all over the US are a bit different. I couldn't get used to it
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The moderator of my club board threatened to ban me once because I wasn't being "nice enough" to everyone.

Uh huh.
  • edited December 2011
    heh ... I go on mine (which is also Laurie and MaryBeth's) every so often (more often now that we're getting so close) and feel the same way. I mostly keep my opinions to myself, unless someone specifically *asks* for an opinion.
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I hardly ever went on my club board before the wedding.   It was kind of boring until the month of the wedding then it sort of picked up, but I just couldn't deal with it. 
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    The people on the board are nice, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like the purposes of the board are (a) for everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya about how much they like each other (perfectly fine, just NMS), and (b) for everyone to vent about how stressed out they are.

And the "OMG I'm so stressed!" posts have been happening for MONTHS. I remember reading a few of these posts back in the fall and thinking, "Geez, are these people's heads going to explode when March rolls around?"

The club boards just aren't as useful as the local boards. You can't compare vendors or prices with people around the country, and it's hard to chat with people who are upset that dinner costs $24.95 a person without coming across weird.
  • edited December 2011

lol.  24.95 for dinner. that makes me laugh... definitely a big culture gap between jersey and the rest of the country.  most girls i've talked to that are from other states think jersey girls are very high maintenance and spend too much time and money... but I guess it's just what we're used to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Another culture gap thing which I've noticed lately... wedding sizes. When people ask how many people we're inviting and I say 140 people think that's a LOT! I'm like... um that's small for a Jersey wedding...
  • edited December 2011
    lola- yes the month board.

mb- really? people need to seriously realize their wedding isn't the most important thing to others

I usually go on to get a laugh at what they are currently stressed at. They are all BFFs over there, so I feel like an outcast haha. I will reply to threads but don't think I've ever started one there. I feel much more welcome with my Jersey girls!
    *~allie~*

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people (not just on that board) have been saying things like, "What am I going to do once my wedding is over? How will I spend my time?"

Seriously? Your wedding took up THAT much of your life during your engagement period? I mean, starting at a month out I had lots of appointments and was making phone calls/e-mails all the time, but before that I did maybe two wedding-related things a month. Sometimes I even forgot we were planning a wedding until I looked down at my left hand and thought, "Oh, right!"
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Club boards are the WORST
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really want to see an interesting board, go to the etiquette board.  No puppies and rainbows there!  One girl posted her wedding website and another told her to remove it because it had her last name on it. (good advice) She warned her that two knotties were having issues with each other and one called and canceled the other's vendors.  I couldn't believe it.  
    Photobucket
  • DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh- I stopped going to my club board too I don't see the point.... the things that I am doing to plan my wedding are 100% different from the things that girls who are planning a DIY cake and lemonade reception are doing.  Some of the girls who were originally getting married in July 2010 moved up their ceremony and it completely depresses me to look at their pics where they have a beer in their hands and all the guests are in jeans. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards