New Jersey
Options

Perona Farms

Anyone have any feedback on weddings at Perona Farms in Andover?

Thanks!

Re: Perona Farms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in July 2008 and was pleasantly surprised. Overall, I feel so many ballrooms at various wedding locations look the same. Although this was totally the case with this ballroom, for whatever reason, I didn't mind it as much. (Lighter in color? Less marble and chandeliers? I don't know)

The food was decent - there was a lobster tail as a starter, I had some kind of steak as dinner.  The outdoor cocktail hour was pleasant - it was on a patio during a summer month and the couple had a keyboard player for the cocktail hour. There was not a crazy plethora of food at the cocktail hour, but enough to choose from and it was pretty good. 

It is my understanding that Perona Farms is not as expensive as other north Jersey venues (not 100% sure on that statement though) If this is true, my experience as a guest there was "just as good" as some other venues that are (much?) more expensive.  

Wasn't "best wedding ever" but it was a nice experience.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bumped up one of the previous threads on Perona Farms.  I would try the search function, there has been a lot of discussion about it on this board.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My cousin got married there 7 years ago and it was GREAT, my gf got married there 2 years ago and it was great! Very nice grounds, nice country setting! I liked it a lot, if it wasn't 50 mins from me I would have gone with them. They are priced very good too.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married there in August let me know if you have any questions.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there Dec08. Review and pics in bio. I have no complaints.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding there last January, the couple paid for it themselves and they dont have much money, so I dont know if it was the couple or Perona, but the cocktail hour had basically no food, just like one cheese/fruit table, and maybe 3 passed hor douvers.  The meal was not a choice, just a piece of chicken and beef, and everyone just traded for what they wanted, and desert was their cake.  The food was average to poor.  But we had a good time
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The food is good.  The venue is pretty.  It's well priced.  Their salmon is world class . . . they actual have teh stuff flown to California for the Oscars.

What do you want to know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards