New Jersey
Options

Day of Makeup costs HOW MUCH!?

I don't mean to sound cheap (okay, I'll admit to "thrifty") but $150 just for makeup seems like a LOT of money to me.

Is this usual? How much has everyone else spent on hair/makeup for the day of?

Re: Day of Makeup costs HOW MUCH!?

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    that is the going cost....I paid $150 and that was one of the cheaper ones that I encountered.   It was close to the same for hair as well.    You may be able to find someone cheaper if they don't have to travel to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Gina Bronzon and it's $80 for me and $65 for my girls.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $90 day of (and $125 for hair by the same person) so $150 is on the higher end, but is not "unreasonable".  But yes, it is crazy.

I paid $280 once as a BRIDESMAID (for hair and makeup, and the girl put eyelashes on me which I didn't realize she was doing, and then charged me $80 for it.  And I personally wouldn't have opted for false eyelashes even if they were free, so I really wish she had asked).

It is crazy when you think about their overhead (usually not all that high) and what the cost per hour works out to be.
  • Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $150 for my make-up.
    It seems to be the rate that is somewhere in the middle. I see that some make-up girls charge $150 for a trial and I think that is crazy.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a lot more than that...in the 200's.. I agree its a lot! But the less expensive people were booked, and my girl was amazing and she has the air-brushing.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I should add that the $150 included my trial.
  • Options
    allie828allie828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair was $85- 90 and my makeup was $35 which included putting on some fake eyelashes. I did have to go there but still,  I can't imagaine spending 150-200....that is absurd, there have to more reasonable options.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Allie who did you use?? Everyone I'm finding charges at least $75 for makeup and $100 for hair.
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying $150 for makeup and $150 for hair, it seemed to be the going rate.
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $80 for the day-of for Gina Brozon (and $40 for a trial).

Some hair salons offered to do my makeup for a similar fee. Any salons in your area that'd do this? Or maybe a local mall with a makeup counter? I think MAC only requires that you buy $40 or so worth of products.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually going through my trials now and one makeup artist told me my trial was going to be $150!! I was like are you kidding, for my trial??? I am finding that most of the artists are around $150 for the day of and trials about $50-$75. Some makeup artist give discounts if you have multiple bridesmaids.. good luck!
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out bluebirdbridalmakeup.com.  Not sure of their prices, but the girls are great!!!
  • Options
    allie828allie828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went a salon in Monmouth County that my family and I have gone to for over 10 years. She did a great job and was very easy going and did exactly what I wanted- a very natural look.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I may be so lucky here. One of FI's best friends (she is a girl) is a makeup artist and I am going to ask her to do mine for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its so ridic when you think about it.
    More often than not, they do they EXACT same thing on trial day & wedding day, using the EXACT same products.
    BUT just because one day its a TRIAL, and one day just happened to be the day of your WEDDING... they jack the price up! Insane!

Thats like going to a restaurant and ordering steak on Monday and paying $20... but going back and ordering the the same steak on Saturday night but having to pay $40! Shouldn't the same steak be the same price every day...?

Ugh ~ sorry for the mini vent. Going through the same thing with makeup artists and it is sooo frustrating!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards