New Jersey
Options

Getting Married Before the Wedding - Saturday?

Hi ladies,

I am in graduate school and not working, so to get on my FH's insurance we have to be married. We've decided to do it Dec. 1st which is our dating anniversary. The issue is that it's a Saturday so the courthouses are not open. Does anyone know of any options that will work for a Saturday not involving a church? We are atheists so a church is out of the question. The real big day is May 25th and we are still very excited!

Thanks,
Kelly

Re: Getting Married Before the Wedding - Saturday?

• Options
    Mayor.I think they do Saturday weddings.
  • Options
    Just get an officiant. Find one off of craigslist or something lol.

You can always just buy into an insurance policy for a few months...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't want to sound like I'm raining on your parade but you only get married once. Your wedding day or your real big day as you call it will be the day it becomes legal ie December 1st. Anything else is just a party and should not have the traditional elements of a wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try www.mitchtheminister.com. I think you can go into his office and get married that way. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_getting-married-before-the-wedding-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:aa18a6c5-137e-4c17-a614-af4d3c3451b7Post:0b55f81d-59c8-4b80-8e4a-3a3ccfa4b177">Re: Getting Married Before the Wedding - Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to sound like I'm raining on your parade but you only get married once. Your wedding day or your real big day as you call it will be the day it becomes legal ie December 1st. Anything else is just a party and should not have the traditional elements of a wedding.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

It doesn't sound like the OP was asking for opinions. The way a person decides to celebrate their wedding is their own choice... And it can be whatever or whenever they want it to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re:Getting Married Before the Wedding Saturday?:In Response to Re: Getting Married Before the Wedding Saturday?:I don't want to sound like I'm raining on your parade but you only get married once. Your wedding day or your real big day as you call it will be the day it becomes legal ie December 1st. Anything else is just a party and should not have the traditional elements of a wedding.Posted by HobokenBride2012It doesn't sound like the OP was asking for opinions. The way a person decides to celebrate their wedding is their own choice... And it can be whatever or whenever they want it to be. Posted by dsimone43 Whether OP asked for opinions or not is irrelevant. When you put something out there on the internet, you don't get to control what or how people respond to it. Had OP simply said she was looking for a nonreligious option for a Saturday, she would have only gotten advice on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Sending you a PM
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Right... and PP gave her opinion out there on the internet....and I responded to it with how I felt. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a civil ceremony 11/26/11 because my husband's dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer his doctor told us flat out he was not going to make it to our already booked planned date of 11/24/12. We had the mayor of our town marry us in a very simple ceremony so I would absolutely look into that option I was able to get our mayor with less than 2 weeks notice. Also, we are having our church ceremony with the big reception on 11/24/12, but we included a letter in our save the dates explaining that we were married in a civil ceremony why and also changed the wording on our invitations so they read "the blessing of the marriage". I found everyone to be very understanding and we will be celebrating with 160 people next weekend so I would suggest being honest with everyone up front about what you are doing. Good luck!

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_getting-married-before-the-wedding-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aa18a6c5-137e-4c17-a614-af4d3c3451b7Post:ef5ae454-5dcd-4c85-b918-4c0b764c9363">Re: Getting Married Before the Wedding - Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting Married Before the Wedding - Saturday? : It doesn't sound like the OP was asking for opinions. The way a person decides to celebrate their wedding is their own choice... And it can be whatever or whenever they want it to be.
    Posted by dsimone43[/QUOTE]

A wedding is the day when 2 people get legally married, ie the civil ceremony in this case. Everything else is a party. It's fine to have a celebration later or or even something religious. What's not fine is saying the civil ceremony isn't real or doesn't really count as the "big day" as she put it. There is a difference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards