New Jersey
Options

Hair trial pics

I stupidly cut off the top of my head, but it's got a subtle little bump/pomp thing (not quite Snooki-level, though, lol).

I'm wearing a plain long veil and crystal drop earrings, PIB. The hairpieces I brought to the trial didn't work so I'm looking for new ones now. Probably a barrette on one side. And the day-of look will obviously be smoother and more polished.

Thoughts? Keep it as-is, tweak it, scrap it and try something else? TIA

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/mbcdefg/hairtrialfront.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/mbcdefg/hairtrialfrontclose.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/mbcdefg/hairtrialback.jpg

Re: Hair trial pics

• Options
    grace_anngrace_ann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    very pretty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's something about it that I don't love. There's nothing I can put my finger on that I don't like, but there's something "eh" about it.  I'm no help!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks really pretty, where did you go?
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very pretty!  I really like the half up, half down look with the curls.  I am wondering where the barrette will go though.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-trial-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:aa1d2d16-5301-4123-8ce3-134fb9c07fa1Post:d8917325-c524-4494-a604-88196bcc8e31">Re: Hair trial pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks really pretty, where did you go?
    Posted by carlaspeed[/QUOTE]

Teezerz Salon in Bayonne

I agree, Chelsea, I wasn't 100% feeling it either. She said she's going to move the topmost curls back a bit because it'll be easier to put the veil in.

Barrette would probably go on the right side of my head, up near the top curls.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about adding some hair extensions?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the back!  Maybe less hair up in the front, or instead of a front "poof" do a side-sweep over to one side... (hopefully you understand)  It looks pretty though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be honest.  I don't like the front, not that I can totally see it.  Something seems a little off.   I don't know, but I think you should tweak it a little and I have a feeling you aren't in love with it either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the way the back looks but the front is eh. Can it be made fuller? It looks almost like some pieces are curled tightly and some aren't curled. Not much help here but it's hard to put a finger on what exactly I don't like about the front- maybe add extensions like tif said?
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, the back is great but the front is a bit plain or missing something.  Maybe some detail or a dare I say it a crystal headband.  Make the curls upfront more pronounced, maybe a little higher.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know; I think you look gorgeous.

The only thing I"d see if you like better is, as previously suggested, a softer front like a soft side sweep.

I like the curl definition & the overall look!
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks a bit young. I like the curls, but something about the half up looks younger too me. Maybe not so high on the top? and more of a sweep to the side rather than half up? Does that make sense. It does look very pretty though.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    I actually mentioned extensions to the stylist but she said she didn't recommend them.

I agree, Jamie, I think it looks "young" and that's what made me unsure about it. Almost like a prom look.

I think I might get a headband and/or some barrettes and maybe go back for a second trial.

Thanks girls!
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could see a "diamond" look headband with your dark hair, it would be a nice contrast.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    booo i can't see it from work.... they blocked the photobucket site.  I'll have to look later on tonight from home
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    Here was the inspiration pic, for reference: http://mbcdefg.weebly.com/uploads/2/0/6/1/2061007/8330096.jpg

I also found this pic last night, so maybe I'll go back and ask her to try something like this, with a side-swept front instead of the straight-back front? http://mbcdefg.weebly.com/uploads/2/0/6/1/2061007/2251082.jpg?480

And then maybe secure a barrette in the back where that girl has the headpiece, or the brooch in my bio (the stylist tried the brooch last night and said she wasn't sure if it'd stay).

OR, keep the current style (it'll be a little nicer-looking on the wedding day) and just pop in a headband like this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150415233647&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thoughts?

I really appreciate your honest opinions, girls! It's great to have a sounding board. Thanks so much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the second ones- and I also like the headband but not sure how it would look with your hair trial look.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like it.  Maybe try and see with a part to the side and a hairpin or comb on the other side. 
    Also extensions are a good idea too, just costly.

• Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the side swept picture you posted above. This looks like it would work perfectly with your hair as the models is just about the same length as yours.

If you are looking at extensions, they do them at Salon X in JC.  I saw a girl getting it done there and it looked incredible - I would never have known she had extensions.  I was never a big fan, but it kind of changed my mind.  I have no idea how much they charge though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also think the second picture you posted with the hair pulled back slightly lower is a more sophisticated style.  It may just be too much on top of your head that is making it feel younger.

I think overall its pretty good.  It just could use some romanticising and in my tastes I would make it less structured and more flowing which I think you will accomplish by smoothing out the top and lowering the tie back point. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Work has photobucket blocked so I will have to see tonight at home.

Why would they say that extensions is not a good idea? Did she say?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    FF, I agree, I think the curls piled on top looked a bit young. I think I wasn't fully satisfied because it just felt like it was a prom hairdo. I agree that I want something more adult and sophisticated.

Yusi, she said she thinks that the weight of extensions will weigh my hair down and keep them from holding the curl.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I really like the side-swept look--it's elegant and a little unique.

• Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the back, think it looks really pretty. It's the poof that's bothering me. It almost looks too forced? I'm not sure if that makes sense.
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the sideswept look in the 2nd inspiration picture you posted and think it would look beautiful on you!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok now that i am home and can see photobucket......  i agree, it looks prom-ish, but I do like the curl she did in the back.  The style reminds me a little bit of my first trial where i had slight bump in front, but then we switched it to a side part, with only the back/crown slightly bumped... and then i thought it looked much softer prettier. here's a pic, in case my explanation was confusing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that it still looks soft being pulle back.  But, if you are unsure about the front, as I was with mine, I might possibly pull a piece to the side, or ask for a more textured look in the front instead of just having volume.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I also think it looks a bit promish instead of bridal, I think a little bit more fullness would do the drink, I am also doing half up and instead of extensions I will be doing a hair clip.  I think a bit of those little hair crystals would make it looks very pretty.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    berbmberbm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the sideswept inspiration pic and think it would look great on you (color and texture match great).  I also love the headband and am totally inclined to wear my hair in a way that is comfortable and recognizable on my wedding day.  This is no help, I know.  I'm sorry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the back, but the front looks kind of plain, needs a little something
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards