New Jersey
Options

diet?

I'm tossing around the idea of going on a strict diet with my wedding coming up next year. To be honest, I'm torn. I'm happy with my current weight and figure, although I know it couldn't hurt to drop a few pounds.

I feel like I'm at a natural BMI right now and I'm wondering if anyone feels like you're trying to be someone you're not, just for your wedding day and pictures. I don't want to look at my album and think to myself "who the heck is that!"

Anyone share similar feelings?

Re: diet?

• Options
    I remember feeling the same way when I was getting married. After thinking about it more, I decided that a strict diet wasn't worth the risk. Diets tend to make me cranky and not my normal happy self. I joined a gym that had some fun classes (boxing, yoga, spinning) and made sure to go at least 3x a week. I hated running, so I needed to find classes that were fun and someone to motivate me to actually get through the 1 hour class :). I did this for 6 months and tried to make wiser decisions with what I ate. 1 month before the wedding I really stuck to not snacking on junk food. I have to say that between my workout routine, eating healthy and pre-wedding stress, I lost the weight and toned up what I was hoping to. 
    Michelle www.michellelange.com/blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac8947f8-bb1c-4ec9-b071-8675eb089c6fPost:c608e9d5-a19d-4306-8e87-effb99deabea">diet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm tossing around the idea of going on a strict diet with my wedding coming up next year. To be honest, I'm torn. I'm happy with my current weight and figure, although I know it couldn't hurt to drop a few pounds. I feel like I'm at a natural BMI right now and I'm wondering if anyone feels like you're trying to be someone you're not, just for your wedding day and pictures. I don't want to look at my album and think to myself "who the heck is that!" Anyone share similar feelings?
    Posted by GabriellaDel86[/QUOTE]

Strict diets never work for me.  I find a nice balance between diet and exercise works best.  Why not try that?  Maybe use light weights to tone up a bit if you feel you want to?
  • Options
    I was bordering on what's considered to be overweight for my height so I (re)joined Weight Watchers about a month ago. I want to be healthy and I don't want to be upset with my wedding pictures either. You need to do what feels right for you. 

• Options
    I started my healthy eating exactly 3 weeks ago and I'm fighting the urge of relapse LOL

I agree with Joan that strict diets are almost impossible to sustain which is why I am going to try and wean myself off this super strict diet. I strictly juiced for the first 7 days which was a great kick-start and then I slowly introduced fruits and veggies over the last 2 weeks. The problem I am currently facing is that the cravings are still there (NO, I am not pregnant)! 

Soooo frustrating :( 

• Options
    Try Emeals! Me and my fiance signed up for the program last week. Basically, it provides you with a shopping list for the entire week (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner) along with the appropriate recipes.

The best part about this program is that you don't waste food/scraps because the meals and shopping list are designed to combine and consolidate the products you purchase from the grocery store.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac8947f8-bb1c-4ec9-b071-8675eb089c6fPost:03ab9eb2-0bfc-4acc-88f0-ce924a455b4d">Re: diet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started my healthy eating exactly 3 weeks ago and<strong> I'm fighting the urge of relapse</strong> LOL I agree with Joan that strict diets are almost impossible to sustain which is why I am going to try and wean myself off this super strict diet. I strictly juiced for the first 7 days which was a great kick-start and then I slowly introduced fruits and veggies over the last 2 weeks. The problem I am currently facing is that the cravings are still there (NO, I am not pregnant)!  Soooo frustrating :( 
    Posted by LmayB2B[/QUOTE]

This!  See, if I go on a strict diet, I'm setting myself up for failure.  I find if I eat balanced meals and just choose more healthy options, at the 3 week point it becomes very easy and I lose my desire to have the unhealthy food. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards