New Jersey
Options

Damn these RSVPs

Within the first two days of them coming back (the invites JUST went out), we already have 31 people coming and no "official NOs".  My FMIL informed me of two couples that won't be coming, but jeez people, some NOs would make my wallet a little less depressed!! LOL @ myself....
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Damn these RSVPs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel, everyday when I get to the mailbox I hope that someone I don't really know, declined.....So far only 2 couples said no....but they did just go out, hoping for 20 more couples to decline.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't worry, Mishy, it gets better!!! Most of the no's come towards the end anyway.

The first few days / weeks, it's all yeses but it will trickle down.  Believe me, I was sweating while waiting for some no's.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, I am so the opposite!
    Our invites have not gone out yet, but I have such a fear we won't make our minimum!!!
    We are inviting about 165 and had to guarantee a minimum of 125.
    Its the last weekend in August... not Labor Day, but the weekend before, and its in the shore area, while a lot of people we are inviting are from more North Jersey.
    I am soooo worried!

Hope you get the no's you want though!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_damn-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aded6d0b-de5b-4b3c-9e05-61dc3b5fce77Post:0f6078bf-f745-4bdd-809a-e4bf4bccb3c4">Re: Damn these RSVPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't worry, Mishy, it gets better!!! Most of the no's come towards the end anyway. The first few days / weeks, it's all yeses but it will trickle down.  Believe me, I was sweating while waiting for some no's.
    Posted by Lola Minnie[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree. We only got 1 "no" within the first 3 weeks of responses I was getting really nervous but closer to the RSVP date (which was last week) we got a few "no" responses, a few I was actually disappointed about. Oh well!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The YES's come first and make you worried you will have too many. Then the NO's come and make you worried you won't make the minimum. Then it evens out and all is well haha.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That makes sense! Thanks for the yes/no explanation! ha ha
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just the rsvps to come back! people like to annoy the crap out of me. this is the only part of the wedding i'm being a bridezilla about. people! i put return stamps on them!!!! drop it in a mail box is all you have to do! And we're not going to meet our min. Which Fi doesn't care about but i do. He's the one that b*tches about money but then were not going to meet our min and he goes about it as its no big deal. Jerks! (mini rant over now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No's will always come later, people who are excited to go respond quicker, no's feel bad saying no so they wait
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Allie is absolutely right on the too many no's...I am stressing my minimum which I honestly thought I would never stress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julia- it will work out in the end. We were freaking out and we are just over our minimum. If not, there is always a knottie table option haha
    *~allie~*

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I am the only one who is actually annoyed that people are saying "no" at all.  Don't they know that MY wedding is the most important day of their life!  Okay I am totally just kidding.  But I would like it if everyone I invited could make it, but I understand most of the "No's" I have gotten so far, so I can't complain.  I really just want everyone to come and have a great time.  Budget wise I don't NEED anyone to say no and our min is really low so like 125+ People would have to say no for that to happen, which I know it won't.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Felicia I was upset about no's, I like you understood ever reason, but if I invited you to our wedding I obviously wanted you there lol. I guess maybe some people invited because they had to for whatever reason, we were pretty careful.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheryl, thanks....hahaha.  Although we weren't as careful as you (well you met my dad, he wanted to invite the world...haha) But I do know everyone on my parent's list and would love for them to come.  I will just have to never speak to the "NO people" again....haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_damn-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:aded6d0b-de5b-4b3c-9e05-61dc3b5fce77Post:69303ddd-e75e-4852-9fe2-0bdcb41fea9c">Re: Damn these RSVPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cheryl, thanks....hahaha.  Although we weren't as careful as you (well you met my dad, he wanted to invite the world...haha) But I do know everyone on my parent's list and would love for them to come.  I will just have to never speak to the "NO people" again....haha
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

I must say everyone that said no either wrote on the RSVP card with why and how badly they felt, told me in person, or wrote an email (well minus one person but I didn't care about him lol)

Haha about your dad yes I could totally see it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards