New Jersey
Options

Pre- Wedding Beauty

What did you do before your wedding day in preparation? Facials, massages, tanning? and how far in advance did you start and how often?

Re: Pre- Wedding Beauty

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not married yet, but I plan on going tanning just a bit so I dont roast on our honeymoon. I am thinking I will start 1 month out, that will give me plenty of color.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got my eyebrows and nails done two days before. Day before I just worked out, got a blow out and then brought most of my stuff over to the hotel (I stayed the night before) to get ready for the rehearsal and dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do any of that. Got a mani/pedi. That's it.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be doing manis/pedis the afternoon before (and then having lunch with my mom and my girls after), I will also probably get my hair blown out for the rehearsal since my salon is directly across the street from our church.  I'm not sure about tanning since the unhealthy aspect of it is weighing very heavily on my mind.

Also, I would LOVE to do massages some time before (maybe 2 days before), but that is more of a dream than reality since i know I'll be busy and $$ will be tight.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting a mani/pedi two days before with an eyebrow wax. 2 weeks before I will get my highlightes done.
    I have a few gift cards to spas so I am planning a facial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing a spray tan sometime soon so I can see how my skin reacts to it. Mani and pedi the day before as well as blowout. That's about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have not had a facial and/or massage do not do it for at least a month before the wedding.  You don't know how your body will react - could be black and blue, face eruption.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a facial about 3 months out to make sure my face did not break out or get really red from it.  Then I got another one like a week before.  I did a mani/peni the day before. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to be getting a massage the weekend before (note: don't get a massage the day or two before! you will be sore.) and mani/pedi the day before... start tanning a month or two before and spray tan (I'm getting it for free) a few days before...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm just sticking with my normal routine. Getting my brows done, and getting my highlights done. Other then that I'll add on a mani/pedi but no facials or massages I dont' want to risk any issues!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011

I'm a little confused by the blow out statements.  I am getting my hair done the morning of the wedding, so why are some of you getting blow outs the day before? Shouldn't I just go to the salon with how I normally wear my hair.

• Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mani/pedi day before.  I am also thinking about getting my arse to a  dermatologist.  I'm 32 and I still break out quite a bit.  I am also thinking of hiring a trainer from my regular gym for a few sessions just to get a new routine.  I've been doing pretty much the same wieght lifting routine for years and want to try something that will take it up a notch. 
    About 4 months ago I had a brazilian blowout and I was planning on getting another one about a month before the wedding.  However, it worked almost too good - my hair still will not curl with hot rollers or iron and just stays completely straight.  I like the fact that it took crazy frizz away, but it seems a little boring just to have completely straight hair for wedding as I wanted to wear it down.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_pre-wedding-beauty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aeb2fa3c-4058-47c4-acc2-a31b132e052aPost:c1ad08a4-6916-4568-a01e-feab909dbb61">Re: Pre- Wedding Beauty</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little confused by the blow out statements.  I am getting my hair done the morning of the wedding, so why are some of you getting blow outs the day before? Shouldn't I just go to the salon with how I normally wear my hair.
    Posted by Lola Minnie[/QUOTE]

I'm getting mine blown out the day before so it looks nice for the rehearsal (always looks nicer when I have it professionally blown out), and so I don't have to deal w/ it myself. I don't plan on washing it the morning of the wedding so at least it will be nicer to work with than it usually is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Facial monthly starting 6 months before the wedding

Went tanning weekly 4 weeks prior to the wedding

Got a blowout the day before
    Mani/pedi day before

Eyebrows 2 days before

Worked out/joined WW online 6 months before
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not married yet,
    but keeping up a normal routine

1.  working out at least twice a week
    2.  facials once every change of season
    3.  would like to get a massage a week before (it leaves you sore, so don't get it like two days before your wedding).
    4.  consciously drinking more water than any other beverage
    5.  changing pillow case twice a week to prevent chance of breakouts
    6.  one week before, any hair removal (my skin gets red from it)
    7.  will get my hair blown out day before and nails done

Thats about it!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got facials a little more often than usual in the year leading up to the wedding

Did arm exercises at home for a few months

Got laser hair removal -- it wasn't done by the wedding, but I was happy with the results to date (and I'm SO happy with it now)

Bikini wax 2 days before the wedding, when I was in NJ at my parents'.  It was impossible to find someone to do a brazilian so I had to settle for regular :(  Is that normal in NJ?

Hair trimmed a few weeks before the wedding

Eyebrows threaded a week before 

Mani/pedi the day before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards