New Jersey

11/4/11 Reviews & PIP!! Long...

I’m just going to start off by saying I give an A++++++++++ for All of my Vendors. I honestly could not be happier with how everything turned out. All of my vendors were just amazing through and through! Venue: The One & Only Westmount Country Club- Bobby (Woodland Park, NJ)I don’t even know where to begin with this. Simply AMAZING! Friends and Family were coming up to us just in the cocktail hour saying how great the food, drinks, and atmosphere was. Once they entered the main room (Continental Room) they were even more impressed! The staff was great, good was great, drinks were flowing. All in all it was an amazing experience because of the hard work the staff puts into your event.  Photography: JoshLynn Photography (973-580-0474)I fell in love with his work before we were engaged. I was googling an image of something in the area and he popped up and I saved in him my favorites for future use=) Josh was great to work with leading up to the wedding and also on the day of. He made me feel so calm and relaxed. The teasers he posted on Facebook have me so excited to see the final product! We also used him for our photobooth which was a HUGE hit! Reception Flowers: Atlas Flowers (Matt)I was nervous about having to use the “required” florist from Westmount because I thought the prices would be through the roof but in the end it was very reasonable. He worked with me to keep the pricing down and was fine with cutting things when I needed to cut things. I bought lanterns online thinking I’d just have him decorate around them and do away with the original orchids in tall vases that I originally wanted but couldn’t afford anymore and Matt worked with me work in the lanterns and still keep the orchid water feature but on a smaller scale. I was in LOVE!  Personal Flowers: Brandywine Florists (East Brunswick, NJ 732-675-2486)I was extremely happy with how my flowers came out. They were absolutely gorgeous and just what I wanted. I don’t have much more to say about them because they only did our bouquets.  Music: FM3 Entertainment (Frank- 917-816-1032)AMAZING! Frank and Steve kept the party going all night long! We’ve had a lot of guests ask for their info for their wedding or their kid’s upcoming weddings.  Wedding Dress: Kleinfeld’sLOVE them=) I was hesitant about purchasing a dress there because I thought the pricing would be crazy but being a plus-size bride, I was limited to dress shops that carried plus-size samples that I could actually try on. I was not about to buy a dress I couldn’t try on first. I thought going to Kleinfeld’s would give me a chance to see what style dress I would most likely go for and then I’d shop from there but once I got there and gave them a budget they were pulling items left and right way UNDER my max price! Needless to say I was able to buy a dress under my price and I confess I did splurge on a veil from there also=)  Bridesmaid Dresses: Lisa’s Bridal (Parsippany, NJ 973-299-1110)I went originally for the Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses and decided to also shop for my bridesmaids here. I’d looked at other stores but I liked this one because it was a small shop where you were the only appointment so I felt they were able to focus more on what we wanted. There is also a lingerie store on the lower level which is very convenient for specialty bars needed for these dresses. I actually ended up buying my bra for my dress there too. They also just started carrying shoes. I worked with Stephanie and I will say my only negative is that one of my bridesmaids was ordered a size 14 dress when she is nowhere near a 14. Her wedding dress which she wore 2 months before her wedding day was a size 10… wedding dresses run smaller than any other dressy dress out there but they insisted she needed a 14 because of her bust… needless to say, she was swimming in the dress and her alternations needed crazy. But only having an issue with 1 out of 10 dresses ordered from there I think is ok.   Hair Accessories- Sassy Chic Boutique (Red Bank, NJ)I love this shop hands down. It’s a family owned store. My Matron of Honor bought her hair piece from here when she was married in 2007 and since then all of our friends have gone and purchased pieces. They carry hair accessories, jewelry, shoes, veils, and just started carrying Dresses not too long ago! They are absolutely wonderful to work with and only meet by appointment so they are only focused on you while you’re there. Invitations: Tim Van- Central/North Jersey (timvano2001@yahoo.com)I’m in love with our invites. H used to work with him and he does invites on the side. He was great to work with and our invites got a lot of compliments. The materials he used were high quality and he can customize anything you want. Simply wonderful. Hair: Kristin Kruger-Central, NJ (732-299-1750)I have been going to Kristin for almost 10 years for regular haircuts and special event styles. I have never left her chair unhappy and the same went for my wedding day. She did an amazing job! The make-up person I used suggested she call her boss and try to freelance because she was impressed also!  Make-Up: La Sorella Bridal- Verona, NJ (Dawn)- Dawn was wonderful! I was so happy with my day-of makeup I didn’t want to take it off! I had a range of make-up styles between my bridesmaids. Some are make-up everyday full blown and others don’t wear anything at all. I was not picky on make-up  styles the girls used. I just wanted everyone to be comfortable and feel like themselves (but not to over the top). Each girl looked amazing. I was so happy with how everyone looked! Party Bus: Santos Limo- I don’t have too much to review since I was only in it to drive from the church to the reception. The bus was nice, very clean, and large enough to hold my big bridal party. The Driver was friendly and knew where each stop location was without having to ask for directions (which is a huge pet peeve of mine with car services from the past) Parent Limo: Joe’s Limo- My mom and I were in this car the most. Driver was very friendly and extremely helpful. I was very happy with their service

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 11/4/11 Reviews & PIP!! Long...

• edited December 2011
    OH NO! I swear I wrote this as neat paragraphs but it posted as one long note! So so so so sorry!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It is readable! Sounds like an awesome time.  You look radiant in the pics~
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations you look beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! Beautiful pics too!!

• edited December 2011
    That is great that you had such a wonderful experience through and through. You look absolutely gorgeous in your pictures, and the quality of them are outstanding!!!
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, you looked absolutely stunning!!!!  I love your e-ring too, looks similar to mine :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your pics and congrats!.. sorry I couldn't read your reviews all in one paragraph, started making my eyes hurt :(
    You might want to retype that..
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melvin7712Melvin7712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great review.  Where did you get the guys suits? My fiance also wants a gray tux.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!   I agree with PP, you look radiant!

So glad to see the positive review of WCC too - we are getting married there next fall :)  Question for you, if you don't mind me asking, what hotel did you go with for the room block?  FI and I are having a hard time narrowing one down. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_11411-reviews-pip-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aef0668c-382e-4a5f-ada8-7c792d199c0fPost:a4af2752-80af-4474-9e58-7027dd8ff305">Re: 11/4/11 Reviews & PIP!! Long...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great review.  Where did you get the guys suits? My fiance also wants a gray tux.
    Posted by Melvin7712[/QUOTE]

We went to Men's Warehouse. Its a Calvin Klein tux. The men all LOVED it! My brother, who you are lucky if you can get to dress up, would not stop talking about how comfortable the pants were! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_11411-reviews-pip-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aef0668c-382e-4a5f-ada8-7c792d199c0fPost:cb524b59-1c7b-4648-a8ae-29e7fb4e136e">Re: 11/4/11 Reviews & PIP!! Long...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!   I agree with PP, you look radiant! So glad to see the positive review of WCC too - we are getting married there next fall :)  Question for you, if you don't mind me asking, what hotel did you go with for the room block?  FI and I are having a hard time narrowing one down. 
    Posted by sharstin[/QUOTE]

We used the Crowne Plaza. We dealt with Camesha Hinds for our room blocks who was great! The rooms were very nice, very comfortable. The complimentary suite was also very nice and spacious.

2 main complaints about them though:
    Not all of my guests got their welcome bags. When they went back to ask for them they were told we ran out. I had specifically made more bags than rooms incase there was late bookers. When H went to check out they told him to make sure he picked up the "extra" welcome bags.... about 8 in total...so yeah, they apparently weren't very organized at the front desk...Also, the overnight front desk worker was very rude to my mom and a few of my guests.

After party bar- Was very nice, great set-up. But there was an obvious dislike by the bartenders of wedding guests. Those who it was obvious were with a wedding (still dressed up) were treated very rudely whereas my guets who had gone to change and weren't sitting with the rest of the group were treated very nicely... I changed out of my dress before going to the bar into just jeans an a t-shirt and was sitting with some of my out of town guests who didn't know anyone and the bartender was VERY nice to them and then my cousin walked up to the bar next to me, still dressed up and ordered drinks and the attitude of the bartender completely changed.

I e-mailed the rep we worked with on the block about these issues when we got back from our honeymoon just to make her aware of the issues. Haven't heard back yet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards