New Jersey

Walking down the aisle - processional music start/order question

Hi

When the processional starts, does anyone know when the music starts?
I'm not sure if the Mother of the bride walks down with music or if the music starts with the bridesmaids.

Father & Mother of the Groom
Grandmother of the Groom
Mother of the Bride
Bridesmaids with Groomsmen
Maid of Honor
me & my dad

Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walking down the aisle - processional music start/order question

• The music should start before the procession begins. Often there is one piece for the parents and BMs, changing for the bride. For my wedding, I had the music change prior to the MOH, so she walked to the same music as me, but that was just my own preference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We had three separate sonsg for the parents, bridal party, and then my dad and I.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_walking-down-the-aisle-processional-music-startorder-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b6fb2000-d50c-4fd7-b090-36f2850e8894Post:249ad408-c9cf-4a05-8fed-5772f6288291">Re: Walking down the aisle - processional music start/order question</a>:
    [QUOTE]The music should start before the procession begins. Often there is one piece for the parents and BMs, changing for the bride. Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

This is what we're doing.
  • We are having the grandparents/mothers walk down to Ave Maria, then Canon in D for the bridesmaids and then the traditional bridal march for me and my dad.  I was unsure if I wanted the traditional bridal march or just Pachelbel's canon (but slightly louder), but decided to go with the bridal march because it is our wedding and I dont plan on doing it again.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards