New Jersey

NEED KICK ASS SEAMSTRESS

To make a really long story short, my wedding dress came in two months early and it's gorgeous (YAY!) but it needs a ton of alterations and it looks like the bridal salon I purchased it at is going out of business and I don't want them to do a rush order in the next month, since I'm not getting married until the fall. Does anyone know a seamstress in NJ that is reasonably priced who can do massive alterations? I need it taken in, need cups added, crinoline removed, skirt tapered and bustle added!  PLEASE HELP!

Re: NEED KICK ASS SEAMSTRESS

• SchnitBradSchnitBrad member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    To make a really long story short, my wedding dress came in two months early and it's gorgeous (YAY!) but it needs a ton of alterations and it looks like the bridal salon I purchased it at is going out of business and I don't want them to do a rush order in the next month, since I'm not getting married until the fall. Does anyone know a seamstress in NJ that is reasonably priced who can do massive alterations? I need it taken in, need cups added, crinoline removed, skirt tapered and bustle added!  PLEASE HELP!
  • Hollywood bridal in Kenilworth
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    I used Karina at Custom Designs on Central Avenue in JC. SHe did a great job. My dress was hemmed 6 inches, taken in 3 sizes, bustled, cups were added and the strap ws taken in.  She charged $300, which was not a lot for all the work she did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I highly-recommend Seela. Her work is tremendous-my cousin used to work at Bijou Bridal and she used her for her own wedding, and referred me to her. She does alterations out of her home in West Paterson, NJ.Bijou wanted $700 for my alterations, and with Seela, I paid $175 for everything. I just posted some pics in my bio. 
  • In Response to Re:NEED KICK ASS SEAMSTRESS:[QUOTE]I highlyrecommend Seela. Her work is tremendousmy cousin used to work at Bijou Bridal and she used her for her own wedding, and referred me to her. She does alterations out of her home in West Paterson, NJ.Bijou wanted 700
    for my alterations, and with Seela, I paid 175 for everything. I just posted some pics in my bio.nbsp; Posted by triciasloc[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what kind of work you had done to your gown? I'm looking for a seamstress and I just got an estimate of 450 for alterations which I think is a bit much .. Thanks
  • 450 is not bad for all that. Mine is 350 and I got front had the length taken up, by armpits we are taking it in to lay flat against my chest, cups put in the bustle.
  • Lucy at Bridal Fantacy in Avenel
    She is great and her prices can't be beat.
    Very small shop, not fancy at all but she is the best.
    Good luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-kick-ass-seamstress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:b749647e-09ec-496b-9d57-a92e9ab21614Post:35f94d6f-dc3b-4ded-b26d-61a75dc55ff5">Re:NEED KICK ASS SEAMSTRESS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:NEED KICK ASS SEAMSTRESS: Can I ask what kind of work you had done to your gown? I'm looking for a seamstress and I just got an estimate of 450 for alterations which I think is a bit much .. Thanks
    Posted by Pammie76[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sorry for the late response- I had extreme work done to my gown (pics posted in my bio)</div><div>I had breast implants (which I had removed after I got fitted for my dress) so the bust was huge, i had her basically cut off the train, cut out a lot of tulle, cinched my waist, re-sew lace on the top, since I had her cut the straps off. She was just awesome. Hope this helps!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards