New Jersey
Options

Raven and the Peach

Has anyone held or been at a wedding at Raven and the Peach? It's in Fair Haven.

I like everything so far, but I'm not finding many wedding reviews.

Any input would help.

Thanks.

Re: Raven and the Peach

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone who used to post on here had her wedding there. She loved it! She had a cocktail reception.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it was a Erika, but she hasn't been on in a while. But
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oops...She had a cocktail reception I think and loved it.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrbiggles16mrbiggles16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have mine there - it's so different and non-Jersey-banquet-hall. Kerry, the event manager, was really nice. But my mom thought the dance floor was too small and the room was a weird shape, so we'll probably have the RD there instead.

I think their wedding package was $150 pp including tax & gratuity. Kerry said it's very customizable and they only have a standard package because people kept asking for one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt the room was too small for a wedding of over 75 people.  The dance floor is tiny too.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A coworker of mine had her wedding there and really liked it but they had a pretty small wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our October wedding reception is scheduled there. The dance floor is definitely on the small side, but the food there MORE than makes up for it. (Our wedding is on the smaller side though...~80-90pp.)  I found some pics online (photographer website) with the dance floor full, and after that wasn't worried at all.  If I can find them again, I'll post a link for you.

Pics below.  Also:

Reception pics (bottom of page):
    http://nylaphotoblog.com/dayna-kevin-red-bank-new-jersey-wedding-photographer/

There are also sites like this where you can email the couples - I haven't tried it myself but they may be helpful for advice/reviews:
    http://www.weddingmapper.com/plan_wedding/nj/spring_lake/0h418q

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your responses.

We've been there three times and eaten twice. Me, FI and parents love the food. I think that is one of their biggest selling points. I also feel incredibly comfortable with Kerry, she gets back to us quickly and is receptive to the changes we asked for and making it work for our budget. I also liked how different it was, I didn't really want a cookie-cutter wedding.

I was a little concerned about the size of the dance floor. My wedding will be for about 100 - 120 max. That would mean the twelve tables of ten around, which would fit. FI's family doesn't dance, but I was still nervous. I do feel a little better after seeing those photos.

I have been to so many places and they have either been rude or didn't seem to focus on the food, which I think are both very important parts.

I think I'm going to call Kerry and book this thing. Thank you all again for the input.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? (We can compare notes...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_raven-peach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:b8d5b9df-889d-48fc-9872-fdff0e9bcd59Post:6eda86fb-00f9-49da-a4a6-579d9f1b7273">Re: Raven and the Peach</a>:
    [QUOTE]When is your wedding? (We can compare notes...)
    Posted by fallingsnow[/QUOTE]
    I sent you a PM. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yup, i had my reception there in october 2008.  we had 178 people and it worked out great!  dance floor was not an issue at all and it was packed all night.  plus, we had a band and it wasn't too crowded at all.  it is def not your typical venue which is what i loved.  it's not for everyone, but we had a blast.  gl.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did you end up having your reception there? I'm looking at it tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I realize this is too late for your meeting, but we did have our reception there this past Oct and loved it. The small dance floor that we  concerned about turned out to be a GOOD thing  - because it always looked full, I think more people got up the nerve to dance (family members that I never see dancing, danced most of the night.) Kerry was super organized, helpful and easy to work with. My only negative comment would be the cake...if you have the choice and the budget, you may want to get one from an outside baker. It wasn't horrible...just not all that great.

If I had it to do over, I'd go back to Raven in a second. Hope your meeting went well!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LuckyBrideToBe0013 - Just on the off chance you're still getting email replies for this post, I sent you a Private Message awhile back with a post-wedding review of Raven (if you're still having your wedding there.)  Hope you have a beautiful wedding day!.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you send me the post wedding review as well? I'm seriously considering booking. thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kwegs , You have mail!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards