North Carolina

Vendor Reviews--Long

I've been married almost a whole month now and still haven't gotten around to giving my vendor reviews, so here ya go! 

Venue & Catering-Bryan Park Golf & Conference Center-A
The facility is very nice and the banquet staff was absolutely wonderful to work with!  They catered to my every need in so many ways, and they all seemed really happy to do so.  The food was delish!  I don't think I would recommend others to get married here though because we had a few troubles with the event coordinator.  We had set everything up through one lady and they changed management a few months later and never bothered to contact us about it.  Needless to say, the new girl doesn't know everything that the previous coordinator did, so we had to figure a lot of things out on our own.  She had previously told us that she would be there on our wedding day to help set-up and what not, and she NEVER came at all that day.  I found out the day of the wedding that an entire wall of power outlets in the ceremony room wasn't working.  Of course this was the side that I had planned to use for all things power-related, but the DJ had tons of extension cords, so she saved the day on that one.  There were just too many little things that I wouldn't want to have to relive if I was a bride again....I'll leave it at that.  The other staff at BP was absolutely fantastic though!  They are the ones that get the A for the day!

DJ-All The Right Grooves-Bethany-A+
I had originally thought that Jill was going to be our DJ because she is the one who handles all the emails, but either way you really can't go wrong.  They are two of the nicest women around!  They want everything to be perfect for you and they help that dream become a reality!  Bethany helped set-up my slideshows (I had one during the ceremony and one during the reception) and she even worked the laptop to start and stop them.  She set up 6 pink uplights around the facility that really help set the mood for the night.  They were gorgeous!  She kept everyone dancing and having such a great time all night.  I was super impressed with her!!!

Photographer-Eddie Stokes Photography-A+
I haven't received my wedding pictures yet, but Eddie has been wonderful to work with thus far.  We used him a couple of years ago for a surprise birthday party and loved his work, so we booked him as soon as we had a date set.  Our E-pics were wonderful...we couldn't even believe they were us!  My bridals were beautiful!!!  He was so professional at the wedding and he brought along an assistant, so I should have shots from two different angles which I'm happy about!  He does all day coverage, so we had him come at 11am to get some shots of us getting ready, and he didn't leave until 9pm when it was all over with.

Videographer-BayLeaf Video Productions-A+
I haven't received my video yet, but he did do two picture slideshows that we used in the wedding and they were great.  He did exactly what we asked for and did a great job with them!  He also does all day coverage, so he came at 11am and left at 9pm.  He had an assistant with him as well, so I'm hoping to see some different angles with the video, too.

Updos-Hair & Makeup-A
I had my hair & makeup done for my bridals and it was so beautiful.  Same thing for my wedding day...absolutely beautiful.  They also did hair and makeup for my 5 bridesmaids and both mothers....all were very impressed with their hair & makeup.  They came to the facility which was a major help for us because we didn't have time to leave to have it done.  They sent out 6 stylists, so everything was done super speedy!

Florist-Designs North-Lisa-A+
Lisa is one of the sweetest people on earth!  She did a beautiful job with our flowers and I loved working with her throughout the whole planning process.  She is so easy to work with and wants everything to be perfect!

Dresses/Veils-David's Bridal-Greensboro-A
My wedding dress and all of my bridesmaids dresses came from there.  They were great to work with during the week.  A little busy on the weekends, but they had everything under control the one time we had to go on a Saturday.  I was very impressed with the quality of my Oleg Cassini gown!!  I felt like a princess!

Cake-Custom Cakes by Joli-A+
Joli is a stay at home mom that does cakes on the side as a hobby....she is unbelievable!  My cake was beautiful and delicious!!!  And very affordable considering what other bakers were going to charge me for the same thing!

His Wedding Band-Helzberg Diamonds-A
Very affordable and he loves it.  The only thing is that they sold it to us a little bit to big, and it is tungsten so it can't be resized.  That is kind of frustrating, but the quality of the ring is great.

My Wedding Band-Jared's-A
They were wonderful to work with, but they sold my ring to me a little bit to small, so I am going to have to go back and have it sized, but I do love it. 

That's all I can think of for now.  If anyone has any specific questions, just page me.  Hope this can help someone else!

Leigh Anne & Billy
*October 2nd, 2010*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vendor Reviews--Long

• CltBride2008CltBride2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Sounds like your day was awesome. Can you post a review on BayLeaf when you get your video? I am thinking about using them but am still uncertain. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards