New Jersey

NJ venue used and budgets

Hi, 
I recently got engaged and ever since I have been very excited and looking at a lot of ideas and venues. My question for everyone today is If you had your wedding in NJ what was your venue, how many people and What was your budget/expense? This would be a lot of help!Laughing I appreciate all the answers Thank you! 

Re: NJ venue used and budgets

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi!  Why don't you tell us more about what you are looking for in a venue.  Area of the state?  Vibe (modern/rustic/traditional etc.)? Number of guests you expect? 

As to budget, how much are you looking to spend per person (either before or after tax and gratuity)?  What time of year are you looking to book, and are you open to having a Friday or Sunday wedding to keep the cost down?

We can give you some specific recommendations based on what you are looking for and hopefully help with your venue search!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I am looking for northern jersey. I would love an outside reception but I can't seem to find anything that ends after 10 pm. I am open to anything really but I would love more of a country place or a skyline view. I am really looking for something really unique something creative that hasn't really been done.  As of the amount of guests I am looking for about 200-250 people. I would like to keep the cost at 100 to 125 max with tax and gratutity. I am looking for april and would rather keep it on a saturday. The places I have liked so far is The palisadium, waterside restaurant, crystals lake resort those were places I like but were too pricy and I especially like the raritan inn but she said we had to close down the music by 9 pm. My ultimate wedding dream would be like the time travelers wife type Simple, romantic yet elagant. I would like a property to rent and take my own stuff so if anyone knows of something like that  I would appreciate it but I am open to any suggestions. Thank you 
  • You might be able to use palisadium with your budget and guests count on a saturday.  I'm not sure about waterside, it is absolutely beautiful though we were quoted at $155 per person before tax and tip on a saturday in august.  Also, waterside has a very tiny bridal room for you to get ready/take a min rest.  
    it doesnt have the skyline view but royal manor has outside set up that's new if you're interested.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nj-venue-used-and-budgets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:bd9b7b69-1381-48b2-93c4-25616dfd61b3Post:5c6caa69-f2fd-480e-81de-267c1a5c7e2b">NJ venue used and budgets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi,  I recently got engaged and ever since I have been very excited and looking at a lot of ideas and venues. My question for everyone today is If you had your wedding in NJ what was your venue, how many people and What was your budget/expense? This would be a lot of help!  I appreciate all the answers Thank you! 
    Posted by KTapia22[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have a startup wedding coordinator business and would love to do your wedding for a reasonable price. Let me know if you need help with absolutely anything.

You can also look up my facebook page at: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer</a>

Thanks,
    Simer Grewal
  • like PP mentioned, Lake Valhalla Club seems to fit your needs.  I know for a Saturday in April its $120pp inclusive.  You can do your ceremony outside by the lake.  Evening weddings go from 6pm-11pm (but this is flexible).  They also offer a LOT for the money.  I would absolutely look into it.  Thats where we are having our wedding...we actually have our tasting there on Friday so I can report back to you with a quick review if you'd like :) Since we are at the begining of the process.

Also, if you are looking for April 2013 I happen to know they have (or had as of March) every Saturday still available.  Now, that may have changed in the last month.  We're doing Ocotber 2013.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my fiance' and I looked at the Park Avenue Club.  It's a different kind of venue and we liked the fact that they donate a percentage to local charities. I believe we were quoted 135 (all inclusive) for a Saturday in June 2013. i'm sure you can work work them on the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards