New Jersey
Options

Grammar Help

I'm planning on getting my friend a Lenox plate as part of her wedding present, it says "Bless This Home" and on the bottom you get to personalize it with "The Smiths" or whatever your last name is.

My problem is that her married last name ends in an "s", so how does it work?  I thought about "The Grimes Family" but its too many characters. Help!
Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Grammar Help

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (Sorry, but I have to -- spelling help: "grammAr")

It would be The Grimeses.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_grammer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c127dc38-4381-4f04-9cc0-baf5ff655008Post:6b7fec4f-b665-4b03-953f-0d8cf0bb8177">Re: Grammer Help</a>:
    [QUOTE](Sorry, but I have to -- spelling help: "grammAr")
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

See, I need a lot of help!

Thank you!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto uppereast.

Also, maybe consider not getting it personalized? Or getting a gift card for the engraving and letting them decide how to personalize it (name, date, etc.)? I only say this because I received a few duplicate gifts like this, engraved. So I couldn't return any of them and couldn't really use them all, so unfortunately it's sort of a waste. (I also didn't take my H's name, but even if I did, I'm not particularly fond of that sort of thing anyway--although you would know your friend's preference on that, I'm sure.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards