New Jersey

another invite question

Did you have a separate reception card or did you put all of the info on one card?  I am trying to decide if having a separate reception card would be a waste of money.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: another invite question

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typically you'd have a separate reception card if the ceremony and reception are at different locations.  So yes, we had a separate card.  

I would imagine in most cases an invitation telling people to be at the ceremony at w location at x time and the reception at y location at z time would be awfully cluttered... particularly if it is a traditional invitation with everything spelled out  ("half past five in the evening" takes up a lot more space than "5:30 p.m.").
  • edited December 2011
    I personally like when there aren't a million cards. We are having an extremely formal wedding but that was one thing I didn't want - a million cards. I always lose them and just like to hang the one card on my fridge. But that's just a weird personal preference. I don't see the point in having the information scattered when it could be on one card.
  • edited December 2011

I wont have a reception card...

• edited December 2011
    I am going to have a reception card. It is at a different location than the ceremony and it starts about 45 minutes to an hour after the ceremony finishes. So I think with all the information I need to include it needs to go on a separate card.

If you are having the ceremony and reception in the same place, I think it is a waste to have a reception card. You could possibly put reception to follow on the invite and just include directions for your guests.
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We put the information at the bottom of the invitation card itself, but we also included the directions slip that the hall provided (which included its full address).

We didn't want to waste paper or money by including another card if we could put that information all on one card, and our invites weren't very formal anyway.

Picture here:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/mbcdefg/invite.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    I just included it on the invite at the bottom, and then had a separate direction card with actual addresses for both ceremony and reception (just put the town on invite)
    *~allie~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards