New Jersey
Options

Chose My Venuee Woohoo! The Westmount Country Club

I know there will be ups and downs. But I was so impresses with the decor, and the manor that the rep conducted himslef in. At first I was a bit afraid, he was wearing so much Gold lol but he ended up being very accomodating.

My fiance loved The Westmount and it was close to our families. From destination wedding to local wedding.

We are doing March 2011 too, what a big jump. How things change during wedding planning, its so funny.

Now I have my venue, my photographer, I am seeing my florist next week and I went dress shopping and think I narrowed it down because I love it, I just have to buy it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chose My Venuee Woohoo! The Westmount Country Club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'm a Westmount bride too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ahhndrea,

What's your date, and what room are you doing? I just love that it comes with the up-lighting and the chairs don't you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's thrilling! Sounds like you are right on target!  What was the Sales Rep name at the Westmount..  I love your comment about the too much gold on the guy....

When we met with our guy there my Fiance whispered "He is too Guido for me babe"... I looked at him and said "umm you forget I am 100% Italian BABE!"

We didn't choose there, but it made out top 3!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you MissChristineC

We are working with Bobby Gollucci. He is super nice, and I feel bad because I already called him with a disaster that i had in my mind. Our wedding is on a Friday MArch 25th and if your Catholic, there are some Fridays that you can't eat meat. It's not Good Friday so we decided to stay with our date and leave it alone but I got all scared for a day or two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. Welcome!.  Getting married there in two months and also working with Bobby.  He's been great!
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! 

Destinations Bride- If it is during Lent, you could always request special dispensation from your bishop and let any catholic guests know ahead of time that guests of the wedding have been given the go ahead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you DMLJ I will do that. That is great, that helps me so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Nice, big check off the list, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in July. We have the continental room.  I just fell in love from the minute I walked in the door.  Anthony is our guy.  If you have any questions, please ask!  Which florist are you booking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi -

We're getting married on April 3rd and we're in the Continental room. We're doing everything indoors in that room - we both loved the big windows as the backdrop for the ceremony.

Let me know how the florist outings go...I haven't done that yet. My sister is getting married next weekend so we've put our planning on hold until that passes (although I do have my dress).

Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Destination Bride -

I totally understand how planning changes. We originally wanted to get married in a tiny ceremony on Kauai (we had been there before and loved it) but then worried about the time/financial constraints on the family. Then we were looking at San Diego, but we ended up at the Westmount, less than 10 miles from my parents house.

what photog are you using? I have like 6 in mind but haven't been able to narrow it yet...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Huge check marks! :D
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats - great pick!
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and best wishes! My apolgoies on calling vendor on you in the previous post- you just seemed so enthusiastic about the place! The Westmount sounds like a fantastic decision and congrats on the big check :)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Very nice choice! What was your original date for the destination wedding? Just curious if you moved the date up or out.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to jack this thread, but anyone getting married at the westmount on a Friday?  I am, but wondering if anyone has experience with the traffic at that time.  I am kind of mad at myself that I did not think of this beforehand.  Nothing I can do about it now, but just wondering if anyone has been through this before.

Also, Destination Bride, congrats on booking a venue... it's a HUGE relief!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hate to tell you that traffic can be really really bad in that spot - I grew up around there and have spent a good deal of time stuck trying to get through. We have a late Sunday afternoon wedding and are a little concerned about people coming from the East (the 3/46 merge is what backs up)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Ahhndrea, I definitely think it will be bad.  I grew up near that area as well, but never really drive through there on fridays.  I am wondering if going through 80 will be a better alternative or if anyone has given their guest alternative routes.  I am also trying to push back the ceremony time to make things a bit easier (I hope).

I do usually drive by that area on Sundays around noon and I noticed that more than not, that merge does not get too backed up around that time.  When it does get backed up, it's not the worst.  When it rains though, that is another story.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards