New Jersey
Options

Hunting down delinquent RSVPs

Good morning ladies, 
I was wondering if anyone had a good email or language they used when hunting down delinquent RSVPs, that they wouldn't mind sharing...I have over 45 :(  and will need to send out next week, any help greatly appreciated

Julia

Re: Hunting down delinquent RSVPs

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually said something like hey its almost time for the wedding and we need to give the caterer a head count. We just wondered if you were able to make it. We are realyl looking forward to seeing you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really don't understand why people can't just respond on time. There is an envelope with a stamp on it all you have to do is check something off and drop it off in a mailbox.....I hope I don't have too many 45 is a lot.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeh I have about 50. I've messaged alot of them what Laur said. Hey! The RSVP date has past and we would love to see you at the wedding..la la la.
    I'm kinda annoyed with it too. You got a fricken stamp, you know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    annoyed is not the word....i mean you make it sooo easy! LOL, most i can track down on FB, which is great but some of my older relatives that is harder
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I said we had some trouble with the post office misdelivering RSVPs (true, but I would have totally made it up otherwise) so I'm sorry if you already responded, but can you please let us know blah blah blah.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know there are some people you can get in touch with via E-mail but for the most part I would call them. We still have a couple people who don't know if they can "take the time off" which is equally as annoying. People know you have to give in headcounts. I was very honest when I called. Hey, just wondering if you were coming because we haven't gotten your RSVP and we need to let the venue know by x.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I actually had my mom and MIL call the family people and find out, and I asked our friends.    It cut down the work for me and I didn't have to deal with it.  Plus, my mom and MIL love talking to everyone in the family so they loved the job!
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm am dreading this! Our RSVP date is May 11 and right now I have 42 outstanding. I would just say something like, Jaimelody said. But give them a finite date. Say I need to know by X or I will have to assume that you are not attending and will not include you in our final headcount. We have some people that have told my parents that they have to see if they can make it and I just don't get it. You either can come or you can't. There really is no maybe in this situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My RSVP date was April 15 and technically I'm still missing a lot (although for most I know they aren't coming, so in my book that's a no). I had my mom and dad track down family and their friends- for mine I sent a FB message or called or texted. For the most part I knew who was/wasn't. As I told you the other night, I would wait until Monday. We had a lot of stragglers come in the weekend after our RSVP date.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Allie :)
    Thanks it was great seeing you on Tuesday btw! I plan on Monday starting my follow-up, that way I could pull the mail in by Sat, allowing for those whose send in on the 5th!

Ahh the joys of RSVP collection!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to meet you too! Did she send you your pictures yet? The trial only made me more confused! haha. The whole time I was ther emy mom was on the phone with her cousin trying to find out who was coming from her clan- she still didn't give a definite answer. So annoying.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!
    I haven't gotten my pictures but she said either today or tomorrow. DId you get yours? I really liked what she did with my hair. My eyes were a bit darker than I would have liked but she noted that I might need that for the photography to ensure I don't wash out (so waiting to see hers) otherwise I might pull back.

I did try the fake lashes, but those were driving me nuts the whole way home, so I will not be getting those the day off. I kept fussing with them so i figure no go. But I did like the airbrush make up quiet a bit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the makeup looked great- I think you need a darker look like that for the wedding pictures. Did you get individual lashes or the ones that are just a strip? I hate strip ones, but LOVE the individual lashes (although with my first trial the individual lashes came off within the hour b/c she "didnt want to use too much glue" I shouldve known then she was a terrible (makeup) person! grr)
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She used the strip lashes, to be honest I have really long lashes to begin with so they are really not necessary but i thought they gave a nice ommph, they just drove me nuts, and I don't want to be fussing all night. I didn't mind her at all for make-up and knew she was in a bit of a rush cause she ran 30 mins over before my appointment. No big to me figured i'd get the idea and tweak for wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    as I patiently waited for you to be done lol. But I guess we should get used to the rushing now, I suppose that the wedding will be the same thing- rushing to get one person done to work on the next!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    True :) LOL but as the bride I can demand more time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards