New Jersey

Royal Caribbean?

Anyone been on a Royal Caribbean cruise?  I've never cruised before and DH & I were thinking of going on one for our 1 year anniversary.

Re: Royal Caribbean?

• kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on one for my honeymoon. The ships are gorgeous, but I will be honest, I prefer Celebrity or NCL.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We just got back from our honeymoon and the first week we went on Royal Caribbean.  It was a lot of fun.  Do you have specific questions?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

RC is the BEST!

Pics on my fb from our 2007/2008 and 2009 cruises! We're going on the Oasis of the Seas (the new, biggest ship ever) for our one year anniversary in March. It's so much!!!

I love cruising especially on RC!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know!  It seems so easy because it leaves from NJ.  We were thinking about the 5 night cruise to Bermuda.

I'm not sure what questions I should be asking. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We went on a RC cruise for our honeymoon.. It was AMAZING.. All the ppl on the boat said RC  is the top of the line cruise line..
  • tori0417tori0417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree that although i like royal caribbean, i would prefer celebrity for my honeymoon. the food and service is much better than royal.
  • tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I line RCCL, Celebrity and NCL in that order.  I don't think the food is nearly as good on Carnival.
  • edited December 2011
    Really enjoyed RC.  Food / Service were great and the passengers were mostly youngercouples.  Also, people on the cruise were commenting on how much better they liked it over Carnival.  We did a 7 day to the Western Carib.

I would suggest to try and do a week, you sometimes miss out on things when you do short cruises, like lobster night, captains buffet, the adult game called "QUEST" etc.  Also, I would go for one of the larger ships, they tend to offer more ammenities.

We went on the voyager class ship, which was the biggest one at the time.

Taken from the Island of Labadee

1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    DH and i are thinking about going on an RC cruise in June... a 9 night one (kind of a very late 1 year anniversary trip... work was insane for both of us for our 1 year, so we kinda put off plans for a vacation at the time).

We've only been on NCL before, but i've always heard good things about RC! And i like that they sail right out of Bayonne!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your advice!!
  • DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard anything bad about RC.  I'm going on their newest ship Oasis of the Seas for part of my honeymoon in January.  I'm so excited!  You should definitely look into it.
  • designgirl14designgirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I went on a cruise in October for our 1 year. It was my second RC cruise I LOVED!!! It was the Liberty of the Seas. My parents are going on the Oasis this month which as some of the girls have mentioned is the biggest in the world. IMHO RC is the way to go. We did an NCL cruise out of NYC to the bahamas and FL and I did not like it at all.. the ships are just not that GRAND.

Best thing to do before booking is to research on cruisecritic.com those boards are a g-dsend when looking for ships and great itineraries!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards