New Jersey
Options

Yeah passed the FOCCUS marriage test with flying colors! (Catholic marriage test)

I'm so happy about that! He said it was one of the highest scores- 94%..... Guess we are all cleared to marry in the church!

Re: Yeah passed the FOCCUS marriage test with flying colors! (Catholic marriage test)

• Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is great! You were meant to be!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    94% wow!!! Great Job!
    We're taking this in about a month...with my luck, we'll both lie to match what we think the other's putting and we'll see how un-matched we really are HAHA. J/K...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha we were pretty good too! My FI was so freaked out about the stupid test, he was cracking me up.  Of all the things to worry about he picked that, LOL!
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is so weird, but we didn't take it.... we have pre-cana on Sat so maybe then??  But our priest only did Myers-Briggs.  Weird.  Congrats on your great score!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    are you getting married at st. teresa's? i know you are getting married at grand summit so was wondering if you were getting married there too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, we arent.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know my priest said we can take a test like this after mass one Sunday before we register for pre-cana. Can I ask what type of questions they ask? Is it just stuff about each other? I'm not trying to cram, just curious haha

FI & I said if it is multiple choice we will just decide our answers before jk :)

Funny story- our priest is nice but a little uptight, anyway he was telling us about the test and I was just kidding and said something like "so if we dont do well, then he isnt allowed to marry me" and the priest is like "well, yes" w/ a straight face haha.  I'm not too worried about it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a score? I had no idea.

The questions are just like literally 20 questions asked 5 different ways, Wll you have kids, are you afraid of your spouse, is there any drug/alcohol addiction etc. I think it was Agree/Disagree/Not Sure for the answers.

And gymchick- weird your priest would say that. Mine just said that we would have to have more sessions if there were a lot of differences between our answers, but he would never not marry people. Of course, probably different answer if you say you don't want kids- b/c if you're getting married in a Catholic church you better be having kids lol
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha interesting our priest just emailed me the questions and said to go over them together and that we will talk about any that we might have questions on, no scoring. I would be super nervous if there was a test that we needed to pass, that seems weird lol but either way Congratulations!!!!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! We take ours tomorrow! I'm actually pretty pumped about it, I think we should do pretty well considering we talk about everything BUT I do like the fact that we'll know what things we need to work on based on the test score.
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have got to be kidding...

the focus is not pass or fail

now you can stop patting yourself on the back and find something REAL to be proud of!
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For anyone who is nervous, just think to yourself, "How would the church want me to answer this question?" and you'll get a near perfect score.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Tif! :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards