New Jersey
Options

NWR: Vent

A little background.... my first year teaching I taught in a public school hired as a tenure track teacher.  We also had one teacher there who was there as a maternity leave sub.  Anyway, at the end of the year, my contract was not renewed.  We went from 3 kindergartens to 2 and from 2 5th grades to 2 so there was not position for me.  It was absolutely devestating but I pulled through and found a job for sept.... not in my desired grade level and I also had to take an 11,000 dollar pay cut... but still a job.  I figured it was meant to be because honestly, the other women i worked with were pretty nasty to me (IDK why... .never really did anything to them).

So I'm on fb looking at pics today and I find out that the new 3rd grade teacher in that school is the girl who was the maternity leave... i'm like wtf!  Why would the maternity leave be hired over me who was actually hired for a tenure track position at one point!  I feel totally screwed over and I'm trying to remind myself that the environment I am in, while not perfect or something I see as long term, is much better.  The people at my current work place are much more supportive.... but for some reason I still feel really upset. 

Just needed to get that out.  Thanks ladies.

Re: NWR: Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm so sorry about that. I'd be upset, too.

Amy ideas, was she particularly "well-connected' in the school system or something you're not thinking of?
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no idea-- some reason everyone LOVED her and hated me... no clue why.  Kind of the typical BS i went through in middle school.  Like I said, I'm better off but it still feels crappy.  Thanks for listening!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You're welcome- I know we hope this stuff ends in middle school but we grow up & learn it CAN, unfortunately, carry into the professional/supposedly adult world!

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is good you are in a school now that you like. I have heard people not getting tenure and being let go their 3rd year which is even harder.

Sometimes the gossip and politics that goes on in schools is horrible,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards