New Jersey
Options

Westmount/Venetian/Seasons

Hi ladies, my friend is interested in these venues. She would like a Friday night either in March or April. Does anyone have any pricing info they can share? If you don't want to post here, you can email me at bluenightmelody@aol.com

Thanks

Re: Westmount/Venetian/Seasons

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the reception at Season's, Sunday night of holiday weekend (Labor Day).

We are guaranteeing 125 ppl in the upstairs room.  We are having the full cocktail hour, sit down dinner and full Viennese hour.  We are spending $118 pp BEFORE tax and gratuity.  After tax and tip it comes to $150 a head.  Basically, its costing us $20K for 125 ppl with Maitre D and everything.

The Venetian required a larger number of people as a guarantee.  Westmount has large and small rooms.  Venetian and Season's are the same owner and largely the same food just on a different scale.  I've been to a wedding at Westmount and loved it too though. Westmount and Venetian are going to run you a little more money than Season's.

All three are top choices in terms of food in No. Jersey in my opinion.  I also like Florentine Gardens.
  • Options
    novia26novia26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS

Season's and Westmount will haggle with you.  Venetian not so much.

For a Friday night she should really negotiate.  Also, cut out the Vienesse and she could save a couple grand maybe.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PPS Word on the street is that Season's is planning to rennovate the front entrance.  Have her ask about that before she books.  It may be happening and it may be a rumor.  I just haven't had time to call and ask them personally.  Either way, I'm still getting married there!
  • Options
    novia26novia26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the tips :-)
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your friend should call the places herself for pricing and/or go in person.

What some of us may be paying could be a total different story.  I'm sure the rates are raised annually or even dropped for booking within a year of advance or by peak dates.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also depends on day and time of year..we are doing the Sunday for 4th of July weekend (so it is actually on 4th of july) and got their special sunday deal...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At Westmount for March or April, I was quoted $140 with a 150 minimum for a Saturday; $125 with 125 minimum for Sunday. I didn't ask about Friday. But like someone else said, there are a lot of fees on top of this like maitre'd, gratuity, etc.
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_westmountvenetianseasons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d118057d-ed19-4d99-9efe-a3bf50b0272fPost:f5358926-1324-4748-9e59-a9562b51e8c3">Re: Westmount/Venetian/Seasons</a>:
    [QUOTE]also depends on day and time of year..we are doing the Sunday for 4th of July weekend (so it is actually on 4th of july) and got their special sunday deal...
    Posted by amy232323[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I think talking price can be very helpful in the negotiation process.  If you know what someone else paid it can be a good starting point.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry..I am getting married at the Westmount on a Sunday...they do have value days as well and it is worth looking into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards