New Jersey
Options

I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!

2»

Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!

• Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-married-reviews-111211-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d16375d1-cab2-4241-a259-73380532a3f4Post:d4371d07-9e2e-406a-ac99-3d4f0de74f00">Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A review is a personal subjective opinion and it's quite disturbing, and sad, how one can get attacked by fellow knotties for feeling comfortable enough to share how one truly felt working with particular vendors. If honest reviews is what we all want, well we just blew it big time by making her feel she was wrong in the way she felt...
    Posted by michelle221[/QUOTE]

Thank you Michelle. If everyone receives an A++++++++ what is the point of reviews? I gave my reviews to help othersand  as I said before I have nothing to gain from them at this point.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-married-reviews-111211-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d16375d1-cab2-4241-a259-73380532a3f4Post:3394632b-9c0c-482c-ab2b-17e6d7e4c8db">Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding! : Thank you Michelle. If everyone receives an A++++++++ what is the point of reviews? I gave my reviews to help othersand  as I said before I have nothing to gain from them at this point.
    Posted by Renee1105[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously, don't sweat it.  All it is, is knotties who get defensive when "their people" get bad reviews.  I understand it's human nature to what to backup something you spent time searching for and have invested a lot of time and money in, but not everything works the same for every person.  It's no different than picking a town to live in or a car to buy.  Everyone always thinks what they have is the best, otherwise you wouldn't have picked it, and when others disagree, you want to defend yourself.  The same applies to weddings.</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renee - thanks so much for the reviews, and I'm glad you had an overall good experience! 

I'm sorry your review thread took such an unfortunate turn.  Reviews are such a valuable part of this community and I for one always appreciate honest feedback. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-married-reviews-111211-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d16375d1-cab2-4241-a259-73380532a3f4Post:fe215382-fb55-4523-9b10-437f5c31545c">Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also would like to thank the other brides for sticking up for me, as <strong>I can see most of the married girls understand that although you have confidence in your vendors and feel that they will all do a great job sometimes it doesn't always pan out.</strong> These are my reviews and my opinion. I hope you can give your vendors all glowing reviews just as I wished before my wedding.
    Posted by Renee1105[/QUOTE]
    100% this<div>I wish I knew that my videographer was a douchecanoe prior to my wedding day. He had glowing reviews prior to that and apparently messed up many weddings last year. You never know. </div>
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The bottom line is, your review is just that, a review of YOUR experiences.  If other brides don't agree with why you said something, or think you are being picky, they can simply choose not to follow your recommendation.  There really is no reason to try to bash her for how she feels.  Get a grip people.  These are vendors, not our family.

How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nicole7477Nicole7477 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jeanine for our wedding on 9/4/11.  She brought her niece with her as an assistant, regardless of how old she is... she helped move the process along and knew her way around the make-up.  At the end of the day, whether she was 12 or 35, she assisted in getting all 11 bridesmaids, my mother, and me ready on time and I didn't pay a fee for her being there. 

Also, Jeanine's prices are no higher than the rest of the make-up artists that are on her level.  She made me look beautiful on my wedding day, which to me.. is priceless. 

PS.  Lipstick was $20.00 not $40.  Her lashes application is expensive, HOWEVER... she does individual lashes, which is much more time consuming than applying one strip.  My lashes looked awesome and natural.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I would like to stick up for her if a future bride is reading this review.. this way they can form an opinion based on various experiences.

In your defense with the lateness.. she was 15 minutes late to our hotel, but there were various detours due to hurricane irene which hit the week before our wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I had my boudoir shoot I paid $100 for someone on her level. She applied more false eyelashes which were included in the price and I looked great.
    and P.S. I paid $40 for lipstick and liner which she spoke of as a package deal and I had no time to argue because I was LATE and rushing to get at least some pictures done. Bottom line is if her performance reflected her price, I wouldn't be complaining about the price at all.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-married-reviews-111211-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d16375d1-cab2-4241-a259-73380532a3f4Post:23a15657-6517-4b8c-b7f4-239fbdad750a">Re: I'm Married!! Reviews from 11/12/11 wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Jeanine for our wedding on 9/4/11.  She brought her niece with her as an assistant, regardless of how old she is... she helped move the process along and knew her way around the make-up.  At the end of the day, whether she was 12 or 35, she assisted in getting all 11 bridesmaids, my mother, and me ready on time and I didn't pay a fee for her being there.  Also, Jeanine's prices are no higher than the rest of the make-up artists that are on her level.  She made me look beautiful on my wedding day, which to me.. is priceless.  PS.  Lipstick was $20.00 not $40.  Her lashes application is expensive, HOWEVER... she does individual lashes, which is much more time consuming than applying one strip.  My lashes looked awesome and natural. You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I would like to stick up for her if a future bride is reading this review.. this way they can form an opinion based on various experiences. In your defense with the lateness.. she was 15 minutes late to our hotel, but there were various detours due to hurricane irene which hit the week before our wedding. 
    Posted by Nicole7477[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree about the assistant. What do you care if she brought someone to help her move along faster. You didn't have to pay for it. Again, you just have needless complaining that is why people felt the need to stick up for both of them so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards