New Jersey
Options

Anyone else steaming their dress the day of?

My dress is sitting in a garmet bag and will be until the big day in 2 weeks...I'm thinking of buying a steamer, steaming it the morning of, and then returning it back to the store afterward.  The dress really will need some smoothing out toward the bottom and I'm not sure how else to go about doing this! 

Re: Anyone else steaming their dress the day of?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my seamstress is doing this -- leave it the hands of professionals & don't do it yourself!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely leaving that up to the professionals. I would hate to leak water or some other disaster that could happen.

And return the steamer after using it? Not cool.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-else-steaming-their-dress-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d21e1b74-3864-4418-8d00-44648c574aa9Post:16e76b7f-bdfb-488d-bdc2-fc5b2c9c50bd">Re: Anyone else steaming their dress the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm definitely leaving that up to the professionals. I would hate to leak water or some other disaster that could happen. And return the steamer after using it? Not cool.
    Posted by backyardbride2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this on both counts.</div>
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a good idea- especially if you have never used one before.... and IDK how you could use something like a steamer and return it like that... besides, wouldn't you use a steamer again- might as well keep it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards