New Jersey

NEED HELP- for real

2»

Re: NEED HELP- for real

• kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel so badly that you're going through this! Sending vibes and hoping everything works out for you!!
    Photobucket
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So sorry to hear about this.  I wouldn't COMPLETELY freak yet - like a few other people said - this has happened to other people and they were still able to ge the CD or proofs (it may take awhile).  I really hope things were out for you and your husband. :-/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Try to take a deep breath - it seems like you have a few good possible places to start - it sounds like the news thing may work out, you could likely put legal pressure because you have a contract, you could confront him by setting up another appointment through a fake email account....and i'm sure we can brainstorm more ideas if we need to.
    I have faith that things will work out for you. Keep us updated and I'm sending you good vibes!
    Tara
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know if it will help, but I have several national and local news contacts for morning show news, etc. If the Shame On You ppl dont run the story PM me and I can see if I can help- its not the type of stories they usually do but they can probably at least put u in touch w/ the ppl that can help.
  • edited December 2011
    You have reason to be very concerned, but don't think that all is lost.  If they're up no the website, your image files at least exist.  It's not as though he lost them or simply isn't going to work with them.  They're there and simply need to be burned to a disc.  Hopefully, some comibination of attention from TV news and other things will prompt him to get this together.  It should take nothing to put these images on a disc and run a burn process for 15 minutes.  Stay on him like a dog, but don't worry; at least your images are out there somewhere.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. This is very sad. My daughter wedding was photographed by Semenick in 2008 - It took a while to pick out pictures, get the albums created to the point where we could view them on line and ok them, and finally.....Peter told us  it was on order and that he was working on the parent albums (this was 2 YEARS AFTER HER WEDDING!!!) and then in October 2010 was the LAST TIME WE HEARD FROM THEM!!!  They used my daughters image for their full page ad and used a large portrait of her for any bridal shows they attended !!!!! We are beyond upset ! We paid them almost $4000.00 CASH. We did recieve a few of the contracted items in the beginning (thank you notes, the proofs on CD, a couple of prints, her engagement album) - but the main thiings were not delivered !! 
    We have gone to their office and their home and left several voice msgs. all unanswered.
    I would like to get everyone together and file suit....even tho i'm afraid the end result will not amount to anything.
  • cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d358ceb3-c8d6-4ff8-bc12-ee3622c76293Post:dc1d3887-44e2-4eac-83ec-5c0f8a51167b">Re: NEED HELP- for real</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met at both, but I cant remember the house address. 
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]
    Just wondering.. did you try going to the office if you know the address? And I definitely think it is a good idea to send an email from a different account or call from a different number..
    Keep us posted on what happens with Shame on You...
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    edited December 2011
    So sorry this is happening to you, going to send good vibes your way hopefully everything works out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the vibes and ideas.  I will def keep you posted.  I found them at a bridal show and then found out 2 sets of ppl i knew in HS were using them so I figured they would be great. Then I met with them and they seemed so nice.  Gymchick if I need another avenue I will def contact you.  Lets hope that everyone can get their pictures that are in need.  I dont even care about the albums just the disc. This whole thing is just upsetting and I am ashamed I let it happen to me being in the events industry.  But I guess it happens. Thank you all again I couldnt get through this without the knotties.
  • edited December 2011
    If you get the news to look into them, I'll have to pass the info along to 3 other people who are waiting for their pictures. Weddings from 2009 and 2010!!
  • edited December 2011
    Danes, don't feel ashamed.  You didn't do anything wrong!  Clearly this guy has a talent for being a slimeball.  All you did was follow the rules and trust that someone holding himself out as a service provider would come through on his end of the bargain, which is completely reasonable for anyone to do.  I really hope you and all the other couples get your proofs.  I think there's a good chance the news will pick it up.  TV stations know people are always interested in wedding stuff.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    edited December 2011
    Any update?
  • dkahney319dkahney319 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate to say it, but you're never going to get your pictures.  My wife and I got married in June 2009...I think you can guess the outcome of our situation.  We last had contact with them in August, I've sent like 40 e-mails and have left like 15 voicemails, nothing.  We have retained a lawyer.  They are terrible people, my wife had a funny feeling about them from the start, I wish we had followed her instinct.  They're a bunch of jackasses.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey..

The police in Somerset County contacted my wife today with the news of Peter's "disappearance".  Our wedding was back in April of last year and we did recieve the the proofs cd, proofs book, and thank you cards.  I know that our situation is not as dire as others but I do not feel that the $3400 we paid them (2 of the three installments) warrants not getting any of the albums, the video, or the other things in our package.  If some kind of group lawsuit is going to be filed, please let me know because we can be definately be added to the list of people who got screwed by these two and would like to be compensated at least some of what we paid so we can take the images from the cd and hopefully the video footage elsewhere to have albums and a video put together.  Thanks...
  • krissyx930krissyx930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them for our wedding on 6/5/10.  We have the same issue.  Received only the proof book, thank you card & CD.  Thank gosh we have that CD because I'm taking it somewhere else to have my album done.  I agree, we too paid the first 2 installments.  I can't believe this has happened to me.  I would have never thought.  I also was contacted by the Somerset County police.  I wonder where Kris is - she is at just as much fault as he is.
  • krissyx930krissyx930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    C-Jess2010 - feel free to contact me via mail Krissyx930@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    We also called "shame on you" who got in touch with my daughter right away, but told her is they skipped town, then there would be no news story to tell. Wondering if anyone has taken this a step further? Wondering if we can all group together and file suit? Im really pissed about this!!!
  • edited December 2011
    There was another post on here about a month ago regarding this and the person said they found the guy, he was working at a stop n shop or something.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    if anyone knows of a law suit that is being formed I'd love to be involved as well!
    same story as the rest of you great to work with until it came time for albums.
    my wedding was 8/2009
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone had any luck getting a hold of Semenick Photography? I was married October 2009 and we recieved our DVD of photos and thank you cards. But we never got the albums we ordered or video. I called, left messages and emails, but no response. At this point I just want to raw footage of my video and someone else can edit it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards