New Jersey
Options

Weddings at The Manor in West Orange

Has anyone been to a wedding at The Manor in West Orange recently? My fiance and I just booked a room there for May 2011, but before we signed the contract I wanted to see if I could get some reviews. Please be brutally honest! How was the service? How was the food? How was the setup (bonus points if it was in the Imperial Room!)? Anything you would have changed? And MOST IMPORTANTLY- Anything you thought was lacking? Both of my sisters were married here, but that was over 10 years ago so I was hoping to get some recent reviews.

Also, if you're a bride having a wedding here: Did you negotiate? They told us they had no authorization to lower prices, but I read on here that some brides were able to get a lower price. How did you go about that?! We figured since this was our third wedding they would be a little generous with the pricing, but not at all! The most they said they would do is upgrade the menu and throw in a free Venetian Table (which I don't even really want!), but one bride said she got them to go down $5 a plate and throw in a Venetian Table so I'm not impressed with that offer!

Any info is definitely appreciated!!

Re: Weddings at The Manor in West Orange

• Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are having our reception there in December.  I did not try to negotiate with them on price I did ask them if they would add a few things and lower the minimum and they did. So far I am happy with them.  They answered my 24095820458 questions and agreed to change a few things.  I have heard good things from other people that have been there but nothing specific.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended an event there and the food was excellent and service was good.  Its pretty, the room we had a glass room off the back for cocktail hour?  I thought that looked dated like the 70's but the main room was nice.  When we looked we didnt like that downstairs room with no windows and the fact that several other wedding could be going on at one time.  We had Preston and he was creepy. Definitely negotiate.  I bet they call you if you dont return the contract and then negotiate.
  • Options
    tracey0916tracey0916 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there in November.  My FI and I both actually had our proms there - but we won't talk about how long ago that was... 

The reason we looked there in the first place was a whole bunch of people had just gone to weddings there and came out raving about it.  We checked it out - Preston IS a little creepy...but he threw in the Venetian table and lowered the price for our ceremony which will be on site as well.  Compared to some places we looked into the price was reasonable so we didn't try to negotiate but I'm sure they will work with you if you really push for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is there in July- I have been so happy with their customer service.  They have def. added ALOT for us and we switched out a few things at the CH for no upcharge.  JUST got the Vienesse table thrown in as well- def get it, amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_weddings-manor-west-orange?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d4e47055-49fd-49f3-93f6-2156badd9ea0Post:a2143321-dc2f-4b39-8420-4dceef0f7f1b">Re: Weddings at The Manor in West Orange</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have def. added ALOT for us and we switched out a few things at the CH for no upcharge.  JUST got the Vienesse table thrown in as well- def get it, amazing!
    Posted by DMLJ[/QUOTE]

DMLJ - What kind of additions did you get?  I have a meeting there with Rolf next week and I have a list of questions I want to ask, but I'm curious as to what additions/extras you got... I only ask because I want to know if there's anything worth asking about or trying to negotiate with them on.  I would love to have a slightly longer CH or reception without any added costs, but I highly doubt that will happen since they already knocked my pp price down a bit.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Peaches they knocked your price down? Okay...I think I'm definitely not signing anything until they do that! You'd think after having three weddings there we'd get some sort of group discount! How did you get them to do that??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards