New Jersey
Options

Wine bottles as Wedding Favors...

Is anyone doing wine as favor for the Wedding? My sister is thinking of doing that, but is it even possible to get wine for less than $7 a bottle?

Re: Wine bottles as Wedding Favors...

• Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is possible to get wine for less than 7 dollars a bottle. Does she want  750ml, half bottles or 187ml. I have seen the smaller bottles used for weddings with personal labels put right over the orginal lables. the 187's come in 7 packs. like woodbridge, or Concha y Toro frontera. they are normally around 5-6 bucks for a 4=pack
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp- I would just do half bottle or smaller. A full bottle would look crowded and would take up a lot of room in the venue. Also make sure the venue allows your sister to bring in outside alcohol.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend did wine favors - she did half bottles and she and her husband made the wine and labels themselves at Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold. Their pricing is pretty good, especially since you can customize it, but you need time to let the wine age a bit.

http://www.brewapp.com

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LeandraCatLeandraCat member
    edited December 2011
    She wanted to do full bottles, but I will suggest the half bottles to her.
    Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made homemade limoncello in full size bottles.....I did not put them on the tables we passed them out to everyone so i think that worked well
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Trader Joes.  Their brand of wine is $3.  A lot of my friends have used that for events.  They have both red and white.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did full bottles of wine as favors for my engagement party, along with crystal wine stoppers. We had special labels. It was a hit. We bought so many bottles, that we drink it with dinner all the time Smile We got ours at the Wine Room in Manalapan (they have 3 locations) http://www.atthewineroom.com/
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LeandraCatLeandraCat member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wine-bottles-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d57a8a67-44b4-4fb0-b06b-bcba5adde02bPost:7ea685f4-9104-4cd2-b189-bb54f4e25462">Re: Wine bottles as Wedding Favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Trader Joes.  Their brand of wine is $3.  A lot of my friends have used that for events.  They have both red and white.
    Posted by lyss3210[/QUOTE]

Really? That's awesome! Thank you!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wine-bottles-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d57a8a67-44b4-4fb0-b06b-bcba5adde02bPost:fddbd8bb-4d25-44fc-87ed-2e8921b45594">Re: Wine bottles as Wedding Favors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wine bottles as Wedding Favors... : Really? That's awesome! Thank you!
    Posted by LeandraCat[/QUOTE]

<div>Note though: Three Buck Chuck can be pretty decent or pretty bad, depending on when you buy it (it is made with different grapes depending on what is available at the time -- it is not consistent).  If you're going to go with super cheap wine or small bottles, I'd do a lot of research ahead of time to make sure you're getting something that's drinkable.  (Particularly with the small bottles -- they tend to be lower quality). There is definitely great value to be found in wine, but you have to look -- and I would think that cheap and bad wine is not a great favor.</div>
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used personalwine.com and had a good experience.  We did half red and half white so people could trade if they had a preference.  We designed personal labels that came on the bottles and it looked really nice with everything on our tables.  (I tied the bows on all of them.)  Below is a non-professional pic, but just to give you an idea.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the half bottles of wine as well. We also did choc truffles with the wine to add something else to it since the bottles were small. Definitely shop around, we got them for under 3 bucks each at our local liquor store.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leandra - we're making our own wine @ Bacchus in NJ.  I got to blend our own mix of grapes and we do the whole process from 'stomping' to bottling and labeling the wine. For full size bottles it's about $7 a bottle, but we're doing 375ml ones so it's only half.  That cost includes everything and the labels...we've really been enjoying it...just a thought...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards