New Jersey
Options

'Jersey Brides' show on TLC

Re: 'Jersey Brides' show on TLC

• Options
    Lovely, another "reality" show to perpetuate the stereotype that you have to have big hair, big boobs and a big attitude to be a Jersey girl.  I thought Bijou Bridal was classier than that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I'm terrified... I warned a few of my close friends from down south that there will be no big hair, boobies or butt showing at the wedding!! I can't believe this girl is dead set on showing her thong at the wedding- yikes!
  • Options
    Bijou is classier than this. I was there many times and never saw any bride anything close to what they're describing. I'm a bit disappointed in what the show might do to their reputation. I got my dress there and it was a wonderful experience. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

We just got rid of the jersey shore and now we're gonna deal with this! Great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I never went to the store, but a girl on the show tried on my dress and trashed it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I watched it last night and I was horrified at what I saw. It was essentially watching the Jersey Shore going wedding dress shopping. I am damn proud of being from New Jersey, especially after what we have endured recently, along with our neighboring states, but I refuse to perpetuate these stereo typical attitudes. These woman do not realize that New Jersey is laughed at and looked down upon because of their behavior. When people ask me where I am from I tell them the name of the town, not an exit off the Parkway. I come from a large Italian family but it's not an excuse to act low-class, rude and obnoxious. These shows are not a true portrayal of New Jersey and it's residents. I am so tired of the worst of the worst being depicted in these television shows. I won't be watching it again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_jersey-brides-show-on-tlc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d6df1c1e-bc3d-4f18-b5a0-21975659fc2ePost:45d7469d-7178-42e4-a507-bb1393690d74">Re: 'Jersey Brides' show on TLC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched it last night and I was horrified at what I saw. It was essentially watching the Jersey Shore going wedding dress shopping. I am damn proud of being from New Jersey, especially after what we have endured recently, along with our neighboring states, but I refuse to perpetuate these stereo typical attitudes. These woman do not realize that New Jersey is laughed at and looked down upon because of their behavior. When people ask me where I am from I tell them the name of the town, not an exit off the Parkway. I come from a large Italian family but it's not an excuse to act low-class, rude and obnoxious. These shows are not a true portrayal of New Jersey and it's residents. I am so tired of the worst of the worst being depicted in these television shows. I won't be watching it again.
    Posted by teachergurl2002[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Amen. </div><div>
    </div><div>I missed the first episode, but I do want to watch at least one. Since I got my dress there I'm curious to see if other people try it on, and what they say about it. I sure hope they don't trash it. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards