New Jersey
Options

Unity Candles

I live in Northern NJ and am in need of a unity candle for our ceremony.  I dont want to order on the internet.  Does anyone know where I can get one? Laughing

Re: Unity Candles

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you want to make your own, just buy a pillar candle (the thick center one) and two thin taper candles at a craft store, then decorate as you wish. You could use ribbon, or pearl/crystal-headed straight pins, or print a design/saying/monogram onto vellum paper and then wrap it around the candle and secure with straight pins or double-sided tape or glue dots.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might be willing to sell mine. It's unused.  We bought it before we found out our church wouldn't allow it.  Hubby and I thought about putting it on display somewhere, but I don't really want to since it doesn't have an meaning to me anymore. 
    We haven't discussed it since the wedding and it's currently sitting in a box, so I'll speak with him again and see what he says about selling it.

Here is a pic.  The candles look yellowish in the photo, but they are white
    http://tinyurl.com/y69ep7h

if you are interested, you can email me at danielle120608 @gmail
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a plain white pillar candle, teal taper candles, and candle holders from Christmas tree shops.  I kept it plain and did not decorate them.  I spent a total of less than $7 on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to just make my own instead of buying an overpriced set. My colors are blue and silver, so I bought these great sparkly silver candles. I'll just wrap a blue ribbon around them or something, and get a mini cake stand to put the pillar on. Rosanna Inc. has these ADORABLE mini cake stands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards