New Jersey
Options

Reception Venue

My fiance and I are starting to look at wedding venue's around NJ.  I've been scoping them out on here for a while though ;)

This is the first time I'm posting something so I'm sorry if this was already asked!

We wanted to look at less traditional sites for a reception but I don't seem to be finding a place like that on here...  Maybe an old mansion of some sort?  We haven't firmed up a date yet but we were thinking very early summer or late September.  Does anyone have any ideas?  We live in Central Jersey but we are pretty flexable!

Thanks!!! :)

Re: Reception Venue

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Please give up more info so we can help you.

We need number of guests, approx. budget per guest and types of things you defintetely want or don't want like ceremony on site, outdoor space etc...

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm about 160-180 guests.  We have a caterer in the family but if we weren't allowed to use this person- then probably less than 110 a head would be ideal.  We have our first meeting in 2 weeks so I'm not sure if what I'm asking is even possible anywhere lol!

The ceremony will be in a church - we definitely want some outdoor space if possible and if we can't use the family caterer - then the food has to be good.  Were pretty open at this point...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how far you're willing to travel but the Pen Ryn is an old mansion.  Its across the Delaware from the Burlington area.  Have you looked at any farms or anything like that?  Also there's the Red Mill in Clinton; you can rent the grounds there and if you already have a caterer that might work for you.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Ridgewood Woman's Club and you can bring your own caterer, I also looked at Glenn Ridge Woman's Club and the Montclaire Art Museum and I think there is also an Upper Montclaire Woman's Club. These woman's clubs are all old mansions and are all lovely here is a photo of what we did with the Ridgewood Woman's Club Space.

I know I have pictures of it before there were people in there but not at work with me.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!!!

Its not a mansion, but we are using The Channel Club in Monmouth Beach, because we thought it was unique.... it is a marina & very pretty. The website is: http://www.channelclubnj.com/

Hope to see you around here more & happy planning!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and all of those spaces are bring your own caterer and they all have some outdoor patio space.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out:
    Wainwright House
    Glenridge Women's Club
    Park Avenue Club
  • Options
    spajunkie2spajunkie2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not an old mansion but it's fabulous and you will get more for your money than any other venue you look at and your guests will be talking about it for years to come...mine still are! The Venetian in Garfield, NJ press them for the price they will always go down! It's worth every penny!!  Best of Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards