New Jersey
Options

Ceremony Seating- anyone have issues?

My parents are divorced and no one wants to sit in the same row.  I'm thinking my Mother will sit in the first row on the aisle and my Father and his GF (of 20 years) will be seated behind her in the second row.  Does this sound about right?

GF also has two adult children that are married.  Is it appropriate for them to be seated in the second row with my father and his stepmother?  Who knew this was going to be complicated?
Photobucket

Re: Ceremony Seating- anyone have issues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the same seating.  My mom in the first row and I will tell my dad he can sit in the second.  Mom agreed not to call him an ahole and dad is just happy to be invited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O geez. Do I really have to do seating for the ceremony? I just figured the BMs and GM in the front row and didn't go past that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't even thought of this... I guess I will just have them seated together. They're both walking me down the aisle (I think I would just be yelling at my dad if it was just him and my mom calms me down.) The harder part for me is the receptions seating. It's not going as smoothly as I planned...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didn't even think of this... ugh i've been having issues with reception seating and now i have to figure this out?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, it's your wedding day. They can suck it up and sit in the same row for 10 minutes.  That's the way I'm going about it with my parents. They are divorced but civil to one another. They can deal with it.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think the seating you have described is fine...that is how I did it.  But I agree with pp that they should just deal with it.  I don't care how much they hate each other, they are there for you and that is what matters!
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that everyone should suck it up for one day, but at the same time, both sides have requested not to sit in the same row, so I don't think it's a big deal to accomodate them.  I'm just not sure what to do with the rest of the people.  

This makes me think of all of the "is wedding planning stressful" threads.  It's not stressful at all until people throw their sh!t baggage on you.  :)

Sorry if I made anyone worry about this.  If it hasn't been mentioned, it's probably not an issue.  It's been mentioned to me, several times.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you really have to think about it beforehand? Can't you just reserve the first two rows and then let them sit where they sit?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards