New Jersey
Options

wedding photojournalism?

Who is your favorite wedding photojournalist?

Who did you use for your pics?

What are your recommendations in northern/central NJ.

Thanks Girls!

Re: wedding photojournalism?

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea who my favorite photojournalist photographer is, but I like Anne Constance who Dddelo used and Josh Lynn I believe a few girls have used him.

I used John Arcara and was very happy with my pictures.  He is in Red Bank. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're using Matt Rainey. He photographs for The Star-Ledger and won a Pulitzer a few years ago. Very nice guy. His blog: http://mattrainey.wordpress.com/ and someone else's blog with some of our e-pics: http://swoononline.blogspot.com/2009/11/liberty-island-engagement-shoot.html

I also like the photos by Josh Lynn, Neil from One Perfect Moment, David Lau, Amy Newman, Erica Lyn and Danielle Richards.

Also, check out the Wedding Photojournalist Association's website: http://www.wpja.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used anne constance (as kle said) and i loved her. her work is amazing, and she's just a kind person.  If you're looking for her to do a wedding in 2010 though, she's not available - she's pregs with twins right now.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i used chris jorda, pics in siggy links.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  That's really helpful in suggesting people. 

My favorite somewhat local wedding photojournalists are any of the photographers at Christian Oth Studio, Brian Dorsey, Karen Wise and Marie Labbancz.  I also really like the style of Chris Jorda and Todd Laffler.  They're more reasonable than the aforementioned.

We used Shawn and Jake from Christian Oth.
  • Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Scott photography.. Havent heard much about him on the knot but his work is amazing.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh, I saw the website www.em34.com, his stuff is amazing but he is really expensive.  I really like John Arcara and David Lau!  They are both amazing as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Couldn't recommend my photogs enough:  they are awesome photographers and awesome people :)

www.dibezi.com

and www.dibezi.net blog
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Anne Constanec I wanted her to do my wedding...but she was supposed to be IN a wedding that weekend. I tried to book her more then a year out so I can't imagine she knew she was preggers but she is due 2 days before my wedding!! Too funny!

Anyway she is fantastic but we ended up going with John Arcara who we love!! I know Josh Lynn often shoots with him so they are both great choices.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Pebblesbridetobe- Emin is HIGHLY negotiable.  He said anyone I referred got some sort of discount right off the top (I forget how much). I didn't pay anywhere close to his advertised price.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using David Lau.  I loved the engagement pictures him and his wife took for us and we're looking forward to him taking our wedding photos.
  • Options
    dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third John Arcara - I used him for my wedding and his work is amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Erica Lyn and were very happy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pebblesbridetobe- Emin's prices dropped dramatically over the past few months. his website now says his starting rate is only $2000.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Louis Schroder, who we found on the WPJA website. I highly recommend looking on that site to see lots of photojournalistic styles. We picked Louis because we loved his pics and his prices were a lot more reasonable than some of the other photographers on that site.
  • Options
    tori0417tori0417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the studio photographers! although "studio" is in their name, it is somewhat decieving. it is a family run buisness and the photographers are a father and son.
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try giving ESP Studio in Hasbrouck Heights a call. It's a family-run business with a graphic artist (daughter)  designing the album, all-inclusive. Also very professional and kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards