New Jersey
Options

Florham Park- Hamilton Park Hotel

We think this looks like a lovely place to have a reception and love the idea of being in a hotel already. I read some reviews online and they look great. Has anyone been there for a wedding? What did you think? My main concern is inside photo opportunities - if you got married there, did you think there were enough options and was the wedding mostly private from the hotel?

Re: Florham Park- Hamilton Park Hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011

If it's nice you could go right up to FDU to take your pics! And if it's not nice then you can take the pics in the Mansion there! I went to school there, it's a great campus with great spots to take pics and your right there anyways so it works out nicely. I think you may have to contact someone there to get approval, but I don't think you have to pay anything.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married across the street at Park Avenue and we are having our pictures in the Arboretum.  Not too far from the venue so that is definitely an option. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas! tmcd13 - can you tell me where the Arboretum is? Are there indoor photo options there as well? Did you have to get permission or pay to use this site?

matiffbengy11 - Thanks for the FDU idea! Do you know if inside the Mansion is nice for indoor pictures in case its a bad day as well?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know how many people you want to have?  My list is around 200 and when I called them they said that was too many.  Not sure of their size.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For Hamilton Park Hotel? We have 150 - they have 2 packages the deluxe package they have a minimum of 125 and the standard they have a minimum of 150. if thats the minimum, I would think they could work with 200. The ballroom was very large, so I dont think it would be a problem. If the weather isnt nice, though, the cocktail hour space may be a bit tight.

DO you know anyone who had a reception there? I love the place but only know what Ive read online- would love to hear from someone who went to a wedding there or got married there
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typo- our list is 240.  Sorry.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The manison inside is amazing..there is an amazing staircase that leads down into the foyer area..it's just really pretty. It's normally open on the weekends when school is in session, you can just walk in the front doors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also went to FDU Madison.  The Mansion is AMAZING.  And it was always open on Saturdays.  There's also the ballroom where you could probably take some great pictures.  There's also a room on the first floor that looks like a "study" lots of dark wood and books.  We had a bunch of sorority events in there.  And if you're outside, there's the gorgeous fountain behind the mansion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards