New Jersey
Options

PSA: VistaPrint

Just saw this on the DIY board and thought I'd pass it along.  I recently ordered from VistaPrint and am now receiving Golf Magazine (sooooo not my thing).  I better not wind up getting charged for it!

Has anyone else had a similar experience to the story below??

I am sure this was mentioned here before, or happened to some already, but it just happened to me and I wanted to share it with those who have not heard before.

So a few months ago I ordered our STDs from Vistaprint.  About a month later I started getting InStyle magazine. I thought I got the first one as solicitation from the magazine, so I did not do anythign about it. But, when the second one came in I called the magazine and they told me that I started receiving it because I made a purchase with VistaPrint.  She gave me the phone number to M2Mags, which handled the order, and advised to call them.

When I called them, there was no one to speak to, and the annoying recording gave either email or mailing address where to send my request for cancellation.  It also advised me that the subscription was free and I would not be charged anything to my card. 

I emailed them (service@m2mags.com) and requested that they cancel my subscription.  I got an email back with a link to a form that I had to fill out.  Hopefully that will take care of the whole thing.

The reason why I am sharing this story is because I also searched around the internet and found out that once your "Free" subscription ends, M2Mags send your account to the actual magazine.  Then, they give you 30 days to "cancel" and if you do not do that, or miss the deadline, they will start charging you. 

What's annoying is that you cannot opt out of this "free" gift. When I purchased my STDs on VP, I unchecked all possible boxes with "offers and freebies" and I still got this magazine.

So, just make sure, when it happens to you, cancel as soon as you can.  I still don't know how many magazines will come in, till they process my cancellation.
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PSA: VistaPrint

• Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had something similar happen to me.  But I got my subscriptions through Loehmanns.  3 free magazines for x amount of months.  

I didn't cancel it and saw miscellaneous charges to my credit cards for those magazines.  I was able to get through to the agency that charged my cards and cancelled my subscriptions in time for them to reimburse me.
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is good to know. i ordered my STDs from vistaprint also and not to long ago started getting Forbes magazine. i thought it had to do with the subscription to entertainment weekly i just started, but now i'm thinking its from them. i haven't been charged anything on my credit card yet, but this is something i will have to look into. thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me! I will admit I hardly check my bank statements and for some reason decided to go through each line one day. I noticed a charge and called the number. It turned out that for the last 3 months I was being charged for some music thing through Vista Print which I never gave conset to! They refunded me all of my money but really bad for business!!
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from Vistaprint and I did start getting Entertainment Weekly and some music mag, but they just stopped after 6 months without any charges to me at all.  But this post does help explain where the magazines came from!Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow none of this happened to me and I've ordered STD's, Photoshare Cards and more recently address labels.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered bridal shower invites for my friend back in May of 2009 and started getting a trial of Brides mag (it said I'd only get 2) but I've been getting them every month and never got a statement or anything. Maybe I'll get something in the mail soon since it has almost been a year. Ah well. I'm not a fan of bridal magazines but it's been helpful since we got engaged 1 month later so we'll see what happens.

I do love vistaprint though :) I've ordered shower invites for a friend, STDs, direction cards for the invites and photosharing cards. I'll also be ordering rehearsal dinner invites and menus this weekend. Great products and if you have the 50% couponcabin code even better prices :)
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a thing that you click when you check out.. you have to make sure you uncheck it .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards