New Jersey
Options

Make up

Has anyone gone to Michelle Lo Conte for hair and make up? I went for my trial last week. She couldn't do my hair because I need to get the extension, he hair work looks amazing though so no second guessing there, but I had my make up trial with her. I liked it, she did dramtic, which was nice, but now I'm starting to second guess it. My FI said he liked it , but he said he couldn't put his finger on it what was off. I mean it's not like I don't wear make up, I normally do up my eyes a lot, so I'm not sure what he was saying was off. But now when I look at it, I feel like something is off. The lipstick I won't be using, it's def too pink, but other than that what do you think? I mean I def want her to do my hair, but now if I don't go with her for make up, what do I do, and how do I tell her!

Re: Make up

• Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you aren't 100% happy with the make-up I would do another trial with someone else and compare.
    Lots of brides on here just use her for hair and not the make-up.

I used Jeanine Mangan for make-up and she is really good.
    www.jmmakeupdesigns.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lipstick is really throwing it off for me...you look like glam barbie or something. ha

Otherwise I like the eye makeup...I like dramatic too.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Michelle for hair and Gina Brozon for makeup.  Michelle is super cool so I do not think she would have a problem.  I honestly wanted someone different for both because I did not want her to feel rushed with doing everyone's hair and makeup. 
    When I did my trial with her she knew that I had another Trial with Gina coming up. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha Glam Barbie...I like that!
    The problem is I have 9 girls for make up, which she knows. I only have 3 girls confirmed for hair.
    I contacted Jeanine and she has something open in 2 weeks, but I have to send in my deposit to Michelle soon. Maybe the lipstick is throwing me off too and that's why it looks off? I def like dramatic, so I'm not sure I would even be happy if we did less dramatic. I don't normally wear foundation and all that stuff on my face...so possible that I'm just not used to look? Does my face look funny?
  • Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think your face looks funny but I think you look like you have a lot of foundation on. It looks too heavy, I know you said you like dramatic but it shouldn't look fake.

Why can't you just send her a deposit for hair? Or tell her you have a trial set up for make-up and you will let her know. Don't pay a deposit unless you are completely happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree..I think it's the foundation...I felt like I had a lot on and it looks like I have a lot on...which is strange because she used airbrush which is supposed to be more of a natural look, or so I thought.

I'm over stressing it and thinking about it. I just sent her a simple note saying that I had an additional trail that my gf set up for me in 2 weeks and that I would have to let her know then about the make up then. She was fine about it. I'm pretty 100% sure I'm going with her for hair, but I want to look around for my make up a little bit more so I at least have something to compare it to.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think she would take offense if you just book hair. But with only 3 confirmed, will she still travel to you day of? I love your eyes, and don't mind your lipstick in the second pic but don't care for it in the first pic. I think adding something a bit darker would change the look and make you happy. But, if you aren't 100% happy with it than I would do another trial with someone else. Just tell her you love her for hair however you would prefer to have two separate people for hair and makeup.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Were the two pics taken with the same camera? Because they have different shades....
    Your eyes look beautiful but maybe the problem is that? It's ALL about the eyes.  The cheek color and the lip color look the same, like both are nude colors.

I think you had a good idea about telling her your gf set another appointment. If you are not a 100% happy, then dont settle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The first pic was taken with a camera phone and the second one was taken with my sisters camera..so yeah the shading is def really off.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a little more color on the lip?  I think your eyes look great.  I had airbrush done as well and was very concerned about it looking like too much or too fake.  Ask the makeup artist to make the skin as light and natural as possible.  It looks like you have very nice skin to begin with and probably don't need much anyway.
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Bluebird Bridal Makeup, these girls are AMAZING!!!!  bluebirdbridalmakeup.com
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the eyemakup is just too much and dark.  You are a pretty girl with lighter features, less is more.  I'm using Sandy Duvall for make-up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards