New Jersey
Options

***Melissa82 & Karma01***

I read in several posts from awhile back that you went to Costa Rica for your honeymoons.  How was it?  Any advice or suggestions about things to do and see or where to stay? What time of year did you go?   I'd love to hear all about what you did, how transfers to different parts of the country went (if you did them), how much you paid (if you don't mind sharing), etc.  Any and all info would be great!

TIA!
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ***Melissa82 & Karma01***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in- I'm pretty sure Melissa went in January and Karma in February?? Our winter is the high season in CR, and our summer is the low (rainy) season.

We'll be going there in 2 weeks for our honeymoon and because of this we've gotten discounts at the hotels we're staying. Your wedding is next July, right? So if you do decide the weather will be much like I'll experience in a few weeks.

We are staying at one of the same hotels as Melissa (Nayara Arenal Volcano Hotel & Resort in Arenal) for 3 nights, and a beach hotel in Tamarindo for 7 nights (Capitan Suizo). We also have to stay in San Jose for the first night because our flight doesn't get in til late and the drive from San Jose to Arenal is about 3 hours.

So for 11 nights, round trip flight and a 4x4 rental for the duration of the trip we spent around $4700 for the both of us. We are staying in suites at all of our hotels, breakfast is included in the prices at each hotel but everything else is a la carte. I don't even want to think about how much we are going to be spending on 11 days worth of lunch, dinner drinks and activities!

And FWIW regarding the weather, my boss went in July a few years ago and said that while it rained for a few minutes each day, it in no way had a significant effect on their trip.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rlb!  I love you!  I completely forgot that you're going soon!  I know things are going to be super crazy for you over the next couple of weeks, but do you mind giving me a total breakdown of how your trip was when you get back from your HM?   Obviously not RIGHT when you get back, haha... you can totally take your time getting back to me.  :-)
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were there the 1st week in March and loved it. We stayed here
    http://www.arenasdelmar.com/
    and it was beautiful and the staff was great. we would def recommend it.
    We had someone pick us up at the airport and drive us back to the airport. We could have flown but little planes scare me.
    A lot of people travel during their stay in CR but we stayed in one place. We were only there 6 days.  We went ziplining, kayaking, and a nature walk in the Manuel Antonio. Two days MH surfed and I sat on the beach.
    We def do it all over again.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember off hand how much we spent but I want to say it was under 4500. Our plane tickets were dirt cheap, we flew the Costa Rican airline out of JFK
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!  Do you wish you had stayed longer than 6 days?  How many days would you recommend staying?  Also, was your hotel all-inclusive or not?
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our hotel was no all inclusive but did include breakfast. I could have used 2 more days but we had to get back to work
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards