New Jersey
Options

Photobooth - was it a success?

Hi Ladies,
For those of you who have been to a wedding with a photobooth or had one at your own wedding, did you think it was a nice addition?  Or, did it detract from your wedding in the sense that there was less people on your dance floor? Where did you place it at your reception?  I'm assuming in a corner away from tables and the bar.  Any comments on your experience is greatly appreciated!  Even if you think its tacky tell me why! I'm not definite on having one yet as I'm not sure what type of atmosphere I want my wedding to have...

Thanks,
Nancy (Sparkles 2010)

Re: Photobooth - was it a success?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    FI's cousin had one at her wedding ... there's actually a pic in my bio under "Fun Stuff" if you care to look.

It was set up in the separate cocktail hour room that was adjacent to the big dining/dancing room, and I think it was taken away right before the Viennese hour started (the Viennese hour was held in the same cocktail hour room). FI and I went in it during cocktail hour. One of our tablemates and her boyfriend went in twice, once in the beginning of the night and again between the dinner courses.

I never really saw a line for it (no more than maybe two/three couples hanging around waiting for a turn), and the dance floor seemed busy all night. This was a wedding of maybe 300 people, so take that for what it's worth, but from my point of view it seemed like the people who want to dance will dance no matter what. The picture popped out pretty fast and there was an attendant there to offer assistance. Maybe it also went fast because they didn't have a scrapbook out that people had to sign or paste their photo into, I don't know, but from what I saw it seemed like everyone who wanted to do it got a turn. It was there for about four hours, so that seemed like plenty of time and that it didn't interrput the dancing.

FI and I are not dancers at all, so this was a nice alternative (although we were just fine with eating and chatting). We thought the photobooth was awesome, most other people seemed to think the same, and I'm really bummed that we can't afford it for our own wedding.
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you guys know how ithe photo booth costs?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    The ones I wanted were in the $2000 to $2500 neighborhood, because I only wanted the "boardwalk photobooth" style and not the kind where you sit/stand in front of a large open backdrop (it's not bad, but I just prefer the boardwalk-style ones).

This is the one I would've book if we had the extra cash ... I think it came out to maybe $2300 to be delivered to North Jersey:

http://nycphotobooth.com/ 
  • Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having a photobooth was the best idea.  Everyone enjoyed it, not just the young guests. We paid $1000.00 and that included an attendent also.
    We got the pictures and so did the guests. It was a real photobooth like the ones you see on the boardwalk.
    I would definately think about having one
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    Deener, what company did you use?
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen it yet but my sister went to a wedding with a photobooth and said it was a big hit. The photobooth gave you a trip of pictures, like an oldschool photbooth, but it was a magnet.  She thought it was really cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mbcdefg - we are using festive fotobooths and paying about $1,000.  They are the same ones veena used and they seem to be exactly what you are describing.

www.gofestive.com
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i cannot wait till Mishy's photobooth, it will be my first wedding with one, totally need a cupcake though and mikeybear :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for your thoughts on it!  I think i'm going to pursue it!  I just have to convince my dad even though i'm paying for it.  he needs to be part of everything lol :) very cute. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out Joker Photobooths, www.jokerphotobooths.com They have the best prices that I've seen by far.

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ajoea--care to share some photos from your wedding? I see all your posts so far have been about Joker Photobooths.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards