New Jersey
Options

Bridal Shower Budget

I have an odd question. My MOH has asked me to give her my guest list for my bridal shower which is still be months away, but I have 4 girls including my MOH. Two of my BM's are my FSIL (who are under 21) and the other is a good friend of mine. I know that the bridal shower is normally paid by the girls in the bridal party, does that include the FG and and JBM?

Re: Bridal Shower Budget

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way!  What source of revenue would a flower girl have?  Savings bonds from when she was baptized?  
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The BMs aren't necessarily the hosts in all circles. I believe that my mom is throwing mine (although it's a secret in my family so I don't have many details). So it's entirely up to them. There's no rule. 

I would just ask your MOH to make sure she discusses finances with the other girls before she decides on a budget. It would probably go a lot smoother if she said, "What would you like to contribute?" and THEN planned the shower around that. Not, "We should each spend $x." Plus, maybe some girls can't really afford to contribute money, but might volunteer to make food or make the invites or organize games/favors.

I think I might also notate on the list who MUST be there, and who can get cut if they feel like it's too many people.

If I were a shower hostess, I would not feel comfortable asking the junior BM (or her mother) or the FG's mother to contribute. If they offered, awesome, but I don't think I could approach them about it without feeling weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep. Definitely have the girls discuss what they can afford before booking anything or deciding who is doing what. Honestly, I would give her the guest list and stay away from the conversation entirely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was just one of those things that popped into my head. In all honesty I don't want my MOH approaching the mother of the FG and JBM (they're sisters and their little bro is the RB as well). My MOH has been amazing, and I feel that the shower should be done between the girls, my mom and MIL.

Thanks for the advice ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards