New Jersey
Options

shower emergency

I'm leaving for my wedding on June 5th is it too late to plan, send out invites, and have a shower? My bm's say no, I say it's kinda close, what do you guys say?

Re: shower emergency

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is  kind of close. If the people that you are inviting are close--you can probably pull it off. Keep in mind that the last weekend in May is Memorial Day and a lot of people may have prior plans!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you aren't talkling like 100 people- I say you can do it. Have it at someone's house and keep it informal. You'll be fine as long as you don't let it snowball.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it- send out e-vites to make it even quicker to the youngers guests that are online!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so.

But let the BMs handle it. Stay out of the planning.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a good reason it wasn't planned before? Or did the MOH just not come through? You only have one wedding and once chance for a shower, so even if you keep it small I say go for it. I like the evite idea, or even just have your mom or MOH call people.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just do something low key.. maybe a nice dinner or brunch and keep it intimate. you can do it, but your bridesmaids need to get moving on the where and when asap!

good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing everyone else said above keep it low-key, simple, and to those you are closest with. In addition to Evites I also know people use Facebook. I don't know how formal you would like to be with invitations and getting the word out. Just an idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's probably going to be at my mothers house and it's only going to be like 15 people. It wasn't planned before because my bm was supposed to be coming to my wedding in Colombia and she just found out she can't come and wants to do something before I leave  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards