New Jersey
Options

Newly Engaged and Stressing!

I just got engaged and I am looking into different venues in the North Jersey area. I need some places that are relatively cheap but with quality. We don't have a lot of money and we are inviting about 130 people. Does anyone have any ideas? I have been stressing out trying to find locations that cater to an outside ceremony and decently priced. HELP!!!
*Future Mrs.W* Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newly Engaged and Stressing!

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Do you know how much money you want to spend per person? What cities/counties are you interested in? What time of year do you want to get married? (Fridays and Sundays, and Saturday afternoons, are cheaper than Saturday nights; January-March are usually the cheapest months.)

My wedding reception was at The Tides Estate in North Haledon. We had about 120 guests show up. We paid $80pp for a Saturday night in April 2010, not including tax and tip. They have gardens where you can have an outdoor ceremony.

Bridgewater Manor was also comparably priced. Costa Del Sol in Union was nice, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perona Farms is also in that price range and has beautiful grounds.
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    gina1976gina1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try The Empire Club. I was married there last year in October 09 on a Saturday night and payed 80pp and they only have one wedding.
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

Mbcd has some great questions. We all love to recc our venues (mine is Mayfair Farms in West Orange, for example), but we'll simply overwhelm you with choices.

What's your style? Are you getting married in a church? Do you have dietary restrictions (kosher, etc.)?

Let us know, so we can help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!

I agree with the ladies above. If you know what type of place you would like to have and how much you're looking to spend it'll be easier to give rec's.
  • Options
    racheyt0227racheyt0227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, can I come to your wedding =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha HEY RACH!!!

We are looking to get married at the end of June...either Friday evening or Saturday Afternoon. We have about 130 people we want to invite. We don't want to get married in a church so it would be an outside ceremony and then an inside reception. I think (just a rough estimate) our budget is somewhere between 12-15,000 for the reception. I want to a lot on my own just to save.
    I am really looking for a "Garden" feel. My theme is based around cherry blossoms. So hopefully that helps a little bit.

I do have appointments with Mayfair Farms, The Tides, and the Empire Club already.
    *Future Mrs.W* Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards