North Carolina

Triangle Area Vendor Reviews

Rehearsal Dinner
Simon'z  -  Angier
We had a private room and about 30 guests. The food was wonderful and so was the service. The building and atmosphere are not very fancy but suited us well. The owner communicated well through email for me as I didn't live in the area.

Rehearsal Hair, Airbrush foundation for Wedding Day, and Manis/Pedis
Salon Bliss - Fuquay-Varina
I'm not a diva... just can't do my own hair. They did my hair for rehearsal and manis/pedis the day before the wedding. Everything was wonderful. Great service, even with a scheduling snafu on their part. The make up artist traveled to my wedding location to do airbrushing for me and it was wonderful. Stayed great and fresh all day.

Hair and Make up for E-pics and Wedding Day
Kelsey King at Lauren Ashely Salon - Dunn
She traveled to my wedding day location and did hair and make up for all the girls. Very professional, very sweet and personable and everyone's hair and make up stayed flawless through out the entire day and night. She has a facebook page for her business and is very easy to get in contact with and make changes and updates as needed. She was very accommodating for my large family. Love her!

Hotel
Comfort Inn - Fuquay-Varina
They are a small, 2 story hotel (about 60 rooms) and were wonderful to work with. When I first blocked off rooms, the offered the entire hotel to my wedding guests. At 2 weeks before the wedding they opened unreserved rooms to the public. We ended up needing over half of the hotel. Rooms were big and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. They had a continental breakfast every morning and the pool was clean. The quickly accommodated some room changes as some family members wanted to be close by to each other. The changes were made within an hour. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby. They also have a shuttle (for an extra fee) that took our wedding guests to and from the venue. Loved it there!

DJ
All the Right Grooves
Loved them!! They had every song that we asked for and when guests requested songs that were on our do not play list, Jill respectfully didn't play them. Jill was such a wonderful person to work with. She even cried during our ceremony. At the end of the night, she gave us 3 cd's of the music that was played from the start of the ceremony to the end of the reception.

Videographer
Merigo
Cinematrimony, Dreamlight Films and KA Studios recently merged into one company called Merigo. We originally signed a contract with Cinematrimony and 18 days before our wedding we got an email about the merger. We both kinds freaked out a little because we really wanted to work with guy from Cinematrimony. Everything worked out and the managers of Merigo were nice to work with. We don't have our finished product back yet, so I can't comment on their work.

If you have specific questions about the following vendors email me at uneek1323 at gmail dot com or PM and I will happy to talk with you about them.
Venue - Barclay Villa
Florist - Victorian Seasons
Baker - Ashley Cakes
Photographer - Carolina Media Star
**TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since December 2011
Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
~*~Everyone is welcome~*~

Re: Triangle Area Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Do you have the new website for your videographer? Meredith used Cinematrimony and I loved her wedding video and trailer!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Their website is down right now. I know the merger happened fast and due to health reasons. I will PM you their contact info.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks sweetie!

I talked to you through PM already about being a Barclay bride and I was going to ask what you thought about the hotel. Glad to hear it's a good hotel. And thanks for the rehearsal dinner restaurant recommendation! Sounds like it will work for us too.  

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know you went to Salon bliss!!! That's where I went and still go. I LOVEEEE them :)

We also used Comfort Inn and were very pleased with them :)

That place was BOOKED the other week. I bet that was the same weekend as your wedding :)

Are you in the FV area?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_triangle-area-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:89e88a56-b272-4b7b-a8ce-c4cb12ea9823Post:4d6eba09-4ea6-416c-8c90-4685be2f6a7e">Re: Triangle Area Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks sweetie!   I talked to you through PM already about being a Barclay bride and I was going to ask what you thought about the hotel. Glad to hear it's a good hotel. And thanks for the rehearsal dinner restaurant recommendation! Sounds like it will work for us too.  
    Posted by Astrid821[/QUOTE]
    The hotel worked out perfectly! It's in a great location too.<div>Let me know if you have any other questions about Barclay. I am happy to help! :)</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_triangle-area-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:89e88a56-b272-4b7b-a8ce-c4cb12ea9823Post:8001716b-8631-4b8b-980b-b11335b2b78f">Re: Triangle Area Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know you went to Salon bliss!!! That's where I went and still go. I LOVEEEE them :) We also used Comfort Inn and were very pleased with them :) That place was BOOKED the other week. I bet that was the same weekend as your wedding :) Are you in the FV area?
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]
    I live in San Diego now. FV is the closest town (that actually has anything) to Barclay Villa. I love FV though. Very cute, little town.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I totally didnt even realize that Barclay Villa was near here. . For some reason I thought it was on the other side of Raleigh.

Mind if I ask who did your hair and makeup?

Dara usually does my hair (she's HILARIOUS) and I think it's Jessica who I had to makeup and she also does my brows when I go in :)
    edited December 2011
    Christine did my make up and, honestly, I don't remember who did my hair because we were all shuffled around. The person who made the appointments didn't schedule it correctly and there weren't enough stylists. But she had short, dark hair and was very nice and did an amazing job with my thick, unmanageable hair.
This discussion has been closed.