New Jersey
Options

Is anyone getting married at Perona Farms?

Hello Local Knotties,
    Although I got engaged pretty recently, just about four months ago, I have had a "Wedding Venue" list for several years now...lol. I don't even recall how I found out about Perona Farms in Andover, NJ, but it has been pretty much my #1 for quite some time. It just seemed to be exactly what I was looking for and not too cookie-cutter, not like most of those "wedding mills" which are so typical in this state. To me it stuck out more than most of the other places on my list, mainly since it seems to be "a little bit of country" in this state so full of urban sprawl. I actually got a chance to tour the grounds this past summer with my good friend who was in the process of planning her  own wedding. Satisfied with what I saw, I am just interested to hear what others have to say about Perona. If any of you girls are having your wedding here I would love to hear why you chose this place as your wedding venue, and also any ideas that you may have made to bring the country, meaning the outdoors, to your wedding. Also, if anyone has had any bad experiences here I would appreciate the feedback as well...although EVERYTHING that I have heard so far about this place sounds great!!!

Re: Is anyone getting married at Perona Farms?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been personally. But a few of my friends have been to weddings there. Always have said that the service and food was wonderful.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd use the search function at the bottom of the page to search for "Perona".  There have been a good number of threads about this, but on the weekend you likely won't get much new feedback.  The reviews have been overall good (not great) but somewhat mixed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What month (if you know) are you hoping to have the wedding?

I know a friend looked at it (had a very small wedding so didn't book there) & liked it...especally if the weather is good, the area for an outdoor cocktail hour.

I think with colors and flowers/greenery you choose, you can almost always make a venue feel "garden-like" or outdoorsy & I don't mean having to spend a fortune :)
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June. FI is from Sparta and I'm from out of state, so we were definitely looking for a place near his family. We loved the grounds and will be having our ceremony on site. We're working with Jonathan and he has been great. He threw in a few extras and helped us negotiate a great deal. We actually haven't done much since booking them last summer, but we're looking forward to finalizing more of the details with them in the coming months. They get their cakes from Cafe Pierot in Sparta, so you should go there for coffee and get one of their desserts. They are delicious. I think as long as you're getting married during one of the warmer months you can't go wrong at Perona. Their outdoor spaces are gorgeous for the ceremony, photographs, and cocktail hours. If you're getting married in the winter though their indoor space for the cocktail hour isn't as impressive (but still nice). Their food is also outrageous! One of their head chefs is a James Beard award winner and their smoked salmon is "world famous." They have a brunch every Sunday, you should go sometime and check it out. You'll love the food! And for the cocktail hour and dinner you get a LOT of food for the money. Let me know if you have other questions. I'm on the boards more during the week than on the weekends, but if you page me I'll get back to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged and booked Perona Farms the day after seeing it and meeting with Mark. We considered many venues and looked at 3- all very different-  but compared every one to Perona. We went back Sunday for the brunch and loved the food, so we negotiated with Mark because we're having a Sunday 12-5 reception and booked right then! We love it because it's "country", has a variety of choices for the ceremony on-site, and has signature details that felt like "us". We also loved that their menu changes seasonally and is never repeated unless upon special request, rather than using the same menu for every wedding for years. All of our family and friends will have to travel to the wedding and they have a great deal with the Wyndham nearby that includes transportation.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ramonagrayramonagray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Perona Farms in June and all I can say is that I totally agree with everything the two ladies above have said.  My FI and I visited last October and immediately fell in love.  We've been back a couple of times for brunch and it REALLY is to die for!  We're working with Tracey and she's been great; very attentive and quick responding to all my emails.  The grounds are so beautiful in the spring/summer.  I don't think you can go wrong.  We're getting married on the Terrace and I'm super excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married there in August and I could not be happier with my choice of venue. I too wanted something different, all the weddings I've been to seemed very alike and I wanted to do something different. I really wanted the country feel and the outdoors. We will be having our ceremony in the orchard, praying for good weather, the ceremony and cocktail hour is what sold me on this venue. I've been there several times for brunch and each time the food is delicious. I'm working with Tracey and she's been great. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good Luck!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    SigaliciousSigalicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaytee-I am hoping to get married in the spring of 2011 but do not have an official date as of yet. Will start checking out venues very soon though. Surprised that if your friend had a very small wedding that she did not choose Perona since I believe you can have as little as forty people. I am having a considerably small wedding too, but still want to shave down the list a bit more!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

jtheiss-I met Jonathan when I went there with my friend who was venue shopping and he was wonderful. Extremely personable and un-pushy, super-nice. When I look I will definately request our meeting with him. Thank you so much for telling me where the cakes come from...I just pulled up their website and the cakes look amazing, and I was so happy to see that they do cupcake towers! Will sooo go there and try their goods! Actually for some reason I do not recall seeing the indoor cocktail hour room, unless it was that long narrow room with windows? Obviously I am hoping for the outdoor cocktail hour! I found out about the brunch and do plan on trying it. I think that Jonathan will even comp it for you and your FI if you schedule a meeting. And I soooo agree with you that it seems like you get ALOT for the money, which is rare anywhere...and I do not want an outrageously costly wedding. I would love to hear about your upcoming wedding and experience at Perona...good luck!, best wishes, and thanks for all the incredibly helpful info!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

vmjones05-I too feel like I compare everything with Perona! LOL. I love how you have so many choices for the ceremony as well. That is great that Perona does seasonal menus too. Oh, and thanx 4 telling me about the Wyndham.
    ramona and kathy-I can't wait to try the brunch!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards