New Jersey
Options

Book Suggestions

I am in need of a good book.  Nthing too complicated since i like to read before bed and by thne my brain is approaching off-mode.

Some of the more recent reads have been books like "Something Borrowed" and "Marley and Me".

I have gift cards for Barnes and Noble and want to pick up a few tomorrow -- any suggestions?
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Book Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ...and pardon my post-whoreness today.
    image182 invited
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you like non-fiction, I'm currently reading "10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ones I've recently read are The Other Boleyn Girl and The Twilight Saga... I enjoyed all but for very different reasons. TOBG looks are deceiving... I thought I'd hate it but loved it
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am reading "Lovely Bones"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just finished The Girls From Ames today - it was pretty good, it was written by the same guy who co-wrote The Last Lecture.  I also read American Wife recently, and I really liked it - it was fun and an easy read.
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something Blue and Baby Proof are really good. Its from the same author as Something Borrowed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you like food lit?  If so, I like Cooking for Mr. Latte, Eating My Words, Comfort Me With Apples...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_book-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f1639567-c4b3-42a6-b06a-e03a70e80778Post:4680bd5e-44d0-4926-a9b5-f6880aab8589">Re: Book Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you like food lit?  If so, I like Cooking for Mr. Latte, Eating My Words, Comfort Me With Apples...
    Posted by caketime[/QUOTE]

<div>Or <em>Eat Pray Love</em>!!!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I've ever heard of food lit...what does that mean??

and thank you all for the suggestions -- I am going to write them all down and check them out tomorrow. :)
    image182 invited
  • Options
    michellelopesmichellelopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second The Lovely Bones! Its a must read...You wont be able to put the book down..just make sure you have plenty of tissues handy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am obsessed with food lit!  Basically it's non-fiction about the inside world of food.  Everything from reporters who took classes at the CIA, watched the special exam there, food critics who take you through what they do, and chefs at the white house. inside the food world.  

Ruth Reichl is fabulous, White House Chef, President and Pastires, The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry, The Making of a Chef and The Soul of a Chef by Michael Ruhlman.

I find it very interesting but also very easy on the brain.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Glass Castle.  Its not neccessarily a beach read, but you won't want to putit down.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confessions of a Shop a holic, The Lovely Bones, Twilight Saga, Books by Meg Cabot  are good too for light reading.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm all over the map with the types of books I read.  

For chick lit...
    The Wedding Girl...by the same girl who wrote Confessions of a Shopaholic, just using a different name
    Good in Bed
    Chasing Harry Winston

For historical fiction...
    The Help - I couldn't out this down

Drama...
    The Lovely Bones
    The Shack

Happy reading! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you read Chelsea Handler's books?  The one is super funny, My Horizontal Life. I loved it.

Another light read, a girly book....Bet Me.  I don't remember the author's name, but I read it on our honeymoon. It was a cute, lighthearted book.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i second good in bed....i bought it while out in hawaii b/c i needed something to read since i finished the other books i had brought with me....and then when we got home i got another one of her books, certain girls, and then i got another one of hers, good night nobody
    the author is jennier weiner i think
    i just started reading something borrowed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok here we go..good chick lit:

Chelsea Handler books
    Anything Jane Green  (such as good in bed...but many others!!)
    Anything Jennifer Weiner   

Something none chick lit:
    Currently read "THe Girl with the dragon tattoo" sooooo good. Romance, Action, Murders! Ahh! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards