New Jersey

Crystal Springs Resort & Spa

Please help if you can - I am considering this resort for a girl's spa weekend.  Ay reviews are greatly appreciated.  Anyone know which of the three hotels is the nicest and if it is worth a visit?   Thank you!

Re: Crystal Springs Resort & Spa

• edited December 2011
    The area is beautiful. The spa at Mineral's is just ok and the the hotel is very kid friendly.  Grand Cascade is the nicest of the hotels, but also the most expensive, more adult atmosphere - I have not tried their new spa.  The Appalacian is very nice and has a 365 day outdoor pool - it is the quietest of the 3, no restaurants or bars their yet.
    Depends on what you are looking for - if you do spend the weekend there I highly rec a trip to warwick valley winery - its great and only about 25 min from the hotel.
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for responding!  I appreciate the insight.  Do you have any other North Jersey recommendations?
  • edited December 2011
    Milano italian restaurant is right down the street, very good, byob and cheaper than anything at the resort.
    We are using the Appalacian for our wedding guests!
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    I live 5 minutes from all of the resorts. Grand Cascades is def the best in my opinion. And I agree with PP that Minerals is more family geared and there are always tons of kids running around. Appalacian I havent been in, but I've heard it is nice. Right in the parking lot practically is a small bar- mostly the skiers and mountain bikers use it, but it is something there. Warwick winery is a lot of fun and Warwick in general is nice this time of year - apple picking, walking in the park, etc. If you stay at Grand Cascades, there is a bar, a regular restuarant and then a crazy expensive one (which according to my parents is not worth the insane cost- food was good but not that great).  There arents a ton of bars/restaurants in the area, but what is on the resort is very nice. If you need other local bar ideas, I prefer the warwick bars to the vernon ones, but there is a new bar in Vernon that is a pizza place/bar called Smokeys that was really cute.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just at Smokey's saturday night! I forgot about all the shops in warwick and their is also Sugarloaf - artsy craft shops that are nice for spending an afternoon looking around.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    haha too funny- we almost went there because we were going to go to Octoberfest and stop there after but didnt get around to it
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you girls - this is great.  Is Sugarloaf a town to walk around in?
  • edited December 2011
    Yea- there is a small part you can walk around in with shops. It isnt very big, maybe 1-2 blocks at most, but cute. Warwick is the same way, except if I remember right (its been a while since Ive been to Sugarloaf) Warwick has a tiny bit more of a "downtown" to walk around. More restaurants/bars in Warwick and more craft shops in Sugarload.
  • PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NJPABZY is right on with her comments.  And take the advice of the other PP's, seek out the area restaurants instead of eating at the resort.  They're very pretty and the food is very good, but not so much that it justifies the price they charge.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Warwick and am getting married at Minerals in October. I haven't stayed over, but my in-laws have a timeshare there and they enjoy it. We've eaten at the Kites Restaurant in Minerals and it was really good. 

As for Warwick, there are a ton of shops, antiques, restaurants, and bars here. There's also the Warwick Valley Winery which is a blast. There's a few farmers markets/orchards right near town if you're interested in those (Pennings Farm Market, Och's Orchard, and Masker's Orchard to name a few). Depending on what you're looking for in terms of dining, Halligan's is a nice Irish pub with great food and beer, Trattoria Viviano is a very nice Italian restaurant, and Fratello's is a brick oven pizza place that also has excellent Italian food and is a bit cheaper than Vivianos. There's also the Warwick Drive-In that is fun if you're looking for something to do at night. HTH!

Pipe down, you had your chance!

• edited December 2011
    My FIL's live on the Crystal Springs golf course.  My FMIL and myself have been to both spas (her moreso than me) and I have to admit that we both feel that Minerals is better on the spa service side, but would not argue with anyone in regards to Grand Cascades being the better hotel.  Just thought I would let you know since her and I have had services done at both and hands down agree Minerals is better.  (And the Grand Cascades pool is wonderful!!!)

HTH!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thats good to know- Ive only been to Minerals spa- the website made it look like Grand Casades spa offers more. Since they are at most 7 minutes apart you could always stay at Cascades and do spa stuff at Minerals. I think the food at Kites and the more casual restaurant at Grand Cascades are both good, so you really cant go wrong. And since summer is over, I doubt there would be a ton of kids if you decide to stay at Minerals.
  • edited December 2011

This is great - thank you girls, for taking the time to help me.  xo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards