New Jersey
Options

How long after RSVP did you wait?

My RSVP date is today and still 58 outstanding. I know some people JUST sent their RSVPs back (they told me). I was planning on waiting until Monday to start hounding people, but don't know if I should just wait a little longer. I don't need the count for a bit, but just want to know!

How long did you wait before following up?
*~allie~*

Re: How long after RSVP did you wait?

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is terrible!  I would give them 1 week, then call...how rude!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think we waited about a week.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I waited a few days I think the following Monday but if I ran into someone or talked to them I would jokingly remind them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We waited one week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also say a week - but I know me - when April 30th hits, and we still have 60 people missing, which we probably will - I will probably start bothering them immediately. I want answers so i can begin working on seating!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my rsvp date is today, too.  out of my 109 invitations sent (which corresponds to 213 people), and i'm waiting on 13 cards (which corresponds to 27 people).  i plan on waiting until mid next week to start the stalking. 
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started nudging people on FB right away...like those I could joke around with were my first targets. ;-) My shower was 2 days after my RSVP date so that was a good opportunity, too. The rest I only waited a couple of days. I found that most people who hadn't returned them had forgotten/thought they returned it/lost it/etc. so waiting wouldn't have really helped in those situations.

On H's side, I'm still waiting on a few RSVPs... Tongue out
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I plan to wait atleast 3 days.  We'll probably start calling within a week but I'm hoping there are some stragglers that will come in today & tomorrow.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_long-after-rsvp-did-wait?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f9ca4f10-0ad9-48a0-9cd4-a311bdb7deedPost:896f1e8f-9ec3-4295-a310-9bf4861e9644">Re: How long after RSVP did you wait?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started nudging people on FB right away...like those I could joke around with were my first targets. ;-) My shower was 2 days after my RSVP date so that was a good opportunity, too. The rest I only waited a couple of days. I found that most people who hadn't returned them had forgotten/thought they returned it/lost it/etc. so waiting wouldn't have really helped in those situations. <strong>On H's side, I'm still waiting on a few RSVPs... 
    </strong>Posted by melissa82[/QUOTE]

This is totally going to be me months after the wedding haha!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I called that day or a few days before. Many simply forgot. Some said verbally yes and sent back no!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My RSVP date is tomorrow. I've already started "nudging" people like Melissa said on FB and those I know are coming but simply forgot, or lost their RSVP. Next week I'm going to call those that haven't and I have no clue about at all.
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom was already bothering some people BEFORE the RSVP date!  I was even missing bridal party RSVP's.  I'm just lucky that my mom is very annoying so she got on everyone for their RSVP's and I didn't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I waited about a week...
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards